trying to install rails 2.0.2 via gem

Collins Richey

12/18/2007 3:51:00 AM

Host is Debian Sid (sidux)
Installed Ruby 1.8.6 and related
rubygems 0.9.5
rake 0.7.3 (via gem)

When I tried 'gem install rails --include=dependancies. I got a
selection of several choices, and I chose 2.0.2, but the install fails
due to activesupport-2.0.2 not found.

How can I fix this?

--
Collins Richey

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 12:51 +0900, Collins Richey wrote:
> Host is Debian Sid (sidux)
> Installed Ruby 1.8.6 and related
> rubygems 0.9.5
> rake 0.7.3 (via gem)
>
> When I tried 'gem install rails --include=dependancies. I got a
> selection of several choices, and I chose 2.0.2, but the install fails
> due to activesupport-2.0.2 not found.
>
> How can I fix this?

We're having some gem mirroring issues currently... so we've just
switched all the gems over to being served directly from rubyforge.org.
Can you give it another try?

Thanks,

Tom

yudi

Same thing happened to me.
I have filed a bug at rails forge.
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=16396&group_id=126&am...

--
Do not be afraid of Change.

yudi

actionmailer is good to go.
Thanks Tom

--
Do not be afraid of Change.

Rob Sanheim

On Dec 18, 2007 12:40 AM, yudi <yudi.xue@gmail.com> wrote:
> actionmailer is good to go.
> Thanks Tom
>

> On Dec 17, 2007 11:19 PM, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 12:51 +0900, Collins Richey wrote:
> > > Host is Debian Sid (sidux)
> > > Installed Ruby 1.8.6 and related
> > > rubygems 0.9.5
> > > rake 0.7.3 (via gem)
> > >
> > > When I tried 'gem install rails --include=dependancies. I got a
> > > selection of several choices, and I chose 2.0.2, but the install fails
> > > due to activesupport-2.0.2 not found.
> > >
> > > How can I fix this?
> >
> > We're having some gem mirroring issues currently... so we've just
> > switched all the gems over to being served directly from rubyforge.org.
> > Can you give it another try?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom
> >

> --
> Do not be afraid of Change.

The bug is here:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ti...

- Rob

Collins Richey

On Dec 18, 2007 8:06 AM, Rob Sanheim <rsanheim@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2007 12:40 AM, yudi <yudi.xue@gmail.com> wrote:
> > actionmailer is good to go.
> > Thanks Tom

> > > We're having some gem mirroring issues currently... so we've just
> > > switched all the gems over to being served directly from rubyforge.org.
> > > Can you give it another try?
>

> The bug is here:
>
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ti...

Thanks, activesupport-2.0.2 foundf now. But more weirdness. Now
activerecord-2.0.2 not found. But when I retried 10 secs later, all
dependancies were found and rails is now installed. I guess you can't
argue with success <grin>.

--
Collins Richey