encrypt using ruby depcrypt using VB

Shandy Nantz

12/11/2007 11:07:00 PM

Anyone ever try and encrypt something using and decrypt it using
VB.NET? I have been trying this for the better part of a week now with
no luck. Anyone ever done this and been successful?

-T
2 Answers

Jano Svitok

On Dec 12, 2007 12:10 AM, <shandybleu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone ever try and encrypt something using and decrypt it using
> VB.NET? I have been trying this for the better part of a week now with
> no luck. Anyone ever done this and been successful?

Can you post your code so far, and tell the problems you are having?
It's better when there's something to start with.

Then, other questions are what kind of encryption do you mean, for
what purpose, symmetric/asymmetric?

J.

khaines

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Jano Svitok wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007 12:10 AM, <shandybleu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone ever try and encrypt something using and decrypt it using
> VB.NET? I have been trying this for the better part of a week now with
> no luck. Anyone ever done this and been successful?

I'm using crypt/rijndael, base64 encoding the result, and then CGI
escaping that, for use on the other side by code written in VB.NET. It's
been in production about a year and a quarter.

Kirk Haines