RubyConf Videos Baked and Ready =-

Bill Davenport

12/11/2007 1:35:00 PM

90% of the videos are up.

http://rubyconf2007.conf...

Cheers,
Bill

Tom

Carrie "I like the business card tutorials.
I set them up in Publisher, but looks like you were using something
like
Photoshop (for the photos) with the opacity and color dodge settings.
Some good ideas."

Thanks Carrie. This should be right up your ally. You have the
graphics experience, but combining text and graphics to send to a
commercial printer is very technical and difficult. One project of
mine is to show people who don't have the professional software and
PostScript fonts how to do it online for free.

Peace,

Tom
http://bodacious-business-cards.blo...

zehnoner@gmail.com

On Jun 4, 3:17 pm, "carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Tom" <tomw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Carrie  "I like the business card tutorials.
> > I set them up in Publisher, but looks like you were using something
> > like
> > Photoshop (for the photos) with the opacity and color dodge settings.
> > Some good ideas."
>
> > Thanks Carrie.  This should be right up your ally.  You have the
> > graphics experience, but combining text and graphics to send to a
> > commercial printer is very technical and difficult.  One project of
> > mine is to show people who don't have the professional software and
> > PostScript fonts how to do it online for free.
>
> > Peace,
>
> > Tom
> >http://bodacious-business-cards.blo...
>
>   Yeah, I saw the one about sending them out to be printed. Business cards
> have such potential (for businesses) they are small but can show a lot of
> info and be "art". Same with  folded business cards (like cardstock tent
> cards) you can put a lot on them, and if they're eye catching people won't
> want to toss them. I did one of those for a tattoo artist, putting a lot of
> samples of his work on, along with the info.
>    I haven't done too much as a business (and have printed them on my injet
> printer, which I know isn't as good) more like "for practice" (if
> family/friends want them) So far, I am kind of a dabbler. I mainly like to
> take pictures, and now it's getting warm and sunny and everything is SO
> green (and gold- it's a big year already for dandelions) it's a good excuse
> to be outside. Then I take some and see what I can do with them. I make
> screensavers- I have some for myself with affirmations on them, and now the
> copyright is off, I could do ACIM.
>   It's more a matter of getting everything I LOVE to do, together.
>    Last DVD/CD burner I bought, I got one with "Lightscribe", thinking that
> might come in handy at some point. It burns labels (labels, text, pictures,
> designs) on the top of the CD. So, anything I do for a business that is
> saved on a CD, I can get the special ones to use with that.
>  There aren't too many tutorials, info around, at least that I have found,
> about making business cards. Or book covers which is another field, now
> there's so much on-demand printing (online) Booklocker, Lulu, etc.
>   At least much for GOOD tutorials and info.
>    Did you just learn it on your own, without any specific training? Graphic
> design, whatever.- Hide quoted text -

what is the benefit of thinking you actually think? does the course
not answer such questions?

Tom

Carrie "I am kind of a dabbler."

That's what I suspected.

Peace,

Tom

zehnoner@gmail.com

On Jun 4, 3:54 pm, "carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Jasmine" <zehno...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 4, 3:17 pm, "carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Tom" <tomw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Carrie "I like the business card tutorials.
> > > I set them up in Publisher, but looks like you were using something
> > > like
> > > Photoshop (for the photos) with the opacity and color dodge settings.
> > > Some good ideas."
>
> > > Thanks Carrie. This should be right up your ally. You have the
> > > graphics experience, but combining text and graphics to send to a
> > > commercial printer is very technical and difficult. One project of
> > > mine is to show people who don't have the professional software and
> > > PostScript fonts how to do it online for free.
>
> > > Peace,
>
> > > Tom
> > >http://bodacious-business-cards.blo...
>
> > Yeah, I saw the one about sending them out to be printed. Business cards
> > have such potential (for businesses) they are small but can show a lot of
> > info and be "art". Same with folded business cards (like cardstock tent
> > cards) you can put a lot on them, and if they're eye catching people won't
> > want to toss them. I did one of those for a tattoo artist, putting a lot
> > of
> > samples of his work on, along with the info.
> > I haven't done too much as a business (and have printed them on my injet
> > printer, which I know isn't as good) more like "for practice" (if
> > family/friends want them) So far, I am kind of a dabbler. I mainly like to
> > take pictures, and now it's getting warm and sunny and everything is SO
> > green (and gold- it's a big year already for dandelions) it's a good
> > excuse
> > to be outside. Then I take some and see what I can do with them. I make
> > screensavers- I have some for myself with affirmations on them, and now
> > the
> > copyright is off, I could do ACIM.
> > It's more a matter of getting everything I LOVE to do, together.
> > Last DVD/CD burner I bought, I got one with "Lightscribe", thinking that
> > might come in handy at some point. It burns labels (labels, text,
> > pictures,
> > designs) on the top of the CD. So, anything I do for a business that is
> > saved on a CD, I can get the special ones to use with that.
> > There aren't too many tutorials, info around, at least that I have found,
> > about making business cards. Or book covers which is another field, now
> > there's so much on-demand printing (online) Booklocker, Lulu, etc.
> > At least much for GOOD tutorials and info.
> > Did you just learn it on your own, without any specific training? Graphic
> > design, whatever.- Hide quoted text -

> what is the benefit of thinking you actually think? does the course
> not answer such questions?
>
>  Didn't you once ask me (or tell me) not to get into discussions with you?- Hide quoted text -

I was asking George; I have no idea why it posted as a reply to your
post. I don't ask you anything with good reason.

George, the Cause is the tiny mad idea that we forgot to laugh at, the
idea of Sin, now we have the effects of guilt and fear - the world as
we all know it. at least that is my understanding of the material.
and i've read more than once that it is all about Content not form.

Tom

Carrie " Interesting word, I've been thinking about it.
"Dabbler" Could be someone who never gets anything done, or could be
an artist who puts a dab of this, and a dab of that (paint) on a
canvas, and at some point ends up with something "whole". Knowing a
little bit about a lot of things, and enjoying the experiences."

Absolutely. It is a great virtue.

Tom

John Radgosky

On Jun 4, 1:14 pm, Tom <tomw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi Lee,

>  When were these letters written? I've forgotten."
>
> 1930's to early 1940's

Greeting Tom,

Hope you and the cat's tail and she, dear one, of the angel realm are
all doing spiffy.

I thought the writings were from long before that period. Like the
1800's or some kind of early period. I could be mistaken of course.
But I sense the ideas predated words of Freud, like ego etc., by many
many decades.

It's amazing how course like these letters are. Conceptually exact in
fact.

wonderful to read. Inspired I think.

Be of good cheer Tom.

p.s. I will share with you that before I can post this reply I was
first instructed to validate using the word "fatuak". This surprised
me. I was certain all uak's were skinny creatures.

John Rad.

Tom

Hi John, long time no see.

John "Hope you and the cat's tail and she, dear one, of the angel
realm are all doing spiffy."

~ Darn spiffy.How about yourself?

John "I thought the writings were from long before that period. Like
the 1800's or some kind of early period. I could be mistaken of
course."

~ In fact, you are mistaken.

John "But I sense the ideas predated words of Freud, like ego etc., by
many many decades."

~ There's no need to guess. I have the book and it tells when the
letters were written.

Peace,

Tom