Pure Ruby zlib?

Daniel Berger

12/10/2007 3:15:00 PM

Hi all,

I want a pure Ruby version of zlib 1.2.x. This will put an end to at
least one of the more annoying Windows compiler/stdlib issues. Anyone
up for it?

Also, I want a pure Ruby version of OpenSSH. And a pony.

Regards,

Dan

5 Answers

Francis Cianfrocca

On Dec 10, 2007 10:14 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want a pure Ruby version of zlib 1.2.x. This will put an end to at
> least one of the more annoying Windows compiler/stdlib issues. Anyone
> up for it?
>
> Also, I want a pure Ruby version of OpenSSH. And a pony.

re SSH, are you looking for a ruby implementation of the command-line
utilities? Or some kind of library support added to standard protocols like
LDAP or FTP for tunnelling purposes?

James Gray

On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007 10:14 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want a pure Ruby version of zlib 1.2.x. This will put an end to at
>> least one of the more annoying Windows compiler/stdlib issues. Anyone
>> up for it?
>>
>> Also, I want a pure Ruby version of OpenSSH. And a pony.
>>

> re SSH, are you looking for a ruby implementation of the command-line
> utilities? Or some kind of library support added to standard
> protocols like
> LDAP or FTP for tunnelling purposes?

I believe he actually meant OpenSSL.

James Edward Gray II

Francis Cianfrocca

On Dec 10, 2007 10:27 AM, James Gray <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:

> I believe he actually meant OpenSSL.

Makes sense. Must have been the pony that threw me.

Daniel Berger

On Dec 10, 8:27 am, James Gray <ja...@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
>

> > On Dec 10, 2007 10:14 AM, Daniel Berger <djber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> I want a pure Ruby version of zlib 1.2.x. This will put an end to at
> >> least one of the more annoying Windows compiler/stdlib issues. Anyone
> >> up for it?
>
> >> Also, I want a pure Ruby version of OpenSSH. And a pony.
>
> > re SSH, are you looking for a ruby implementation of the command-line
> > utilities? Or some kind of library support added to standard
> > protocols like
> > LDAP or FTP for tunnelling purposes?
>
> I believe he actually meant OpenSSL.

Oops, yes, OpenSSL.