Re: at_exit() Inherited Across fork

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: at_exit() Inherited Across fork()"
on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 05:33:41 +0900, James Gray <james@grayproductions.net> writes:

|I'm not saying this is wrong, just clarifying what I am seeing. Is it
|intended that at_exit() handlers are inherited by a fork()ed process?

Yes. Is it a problem?

matz.

1 Answer

James Gray

On Dec 7, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: at_exit() Inherited Across fork()"
> on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 05:33:41 +0900, James Gray <james@grayproductions.net
> > writes:
>
> |I'm not saying this is wrong, just clarifying what I am seeing. Is
> it
> |intended that at_exit() handlers are inherited by a fork()ed process?
>
> Yes. Is it a problem?

Not really. I think I understand why it is.

It just seems a little counter intuitive that at_exit() does anything
outside of the current process. I'm having a hard time imagining when
I would want it to.

Thanks for confirming though.

James Edward Gray II