Use of bind variables using OCI8

Harnish Botadra

12/7/2007 11:38:00 PM

Hey Guys,

I am having some issues with the use of bind variables...

When I use...

------------
connFC = OCI8.new(<mydb>)

connFC.exec("SELECT * from emp where id = #{id}") { |row|
}
------------

it works perfectly fine...but when I modify to use bind variables for
Number type...

-------------
connFC = OCI8.new(<mydb>)

cursorFC = connFC.parse("SELECT * from emp where id = :1")
cursorFC.bind_param(1, id)

cursorFC.exec("SELECT * from emp where id = #{id}") { |row|
}

Harnish Botadra

Thanks guys...

My issue got resolved..

I was missing the fetch method...

connFC = OCI8.new(<mydb>)

cursorFC = connFC.parse("SELECT * from emp where id = :1")
cursorFC.bind_param(1, id)

cursorFC.exec()

cursorFC.fetch() { |row|
}