Modulus and Exponent

Shandy Nantz

12/6/2007 9:16:00 PM

Is there a way to get the modulus and exponent from an key, or is there
a way to get that information as it is being encrypted? I am using the
OpenSSL::PKey::RSA library to encrypt my data. Thanks,

-S

Adam Bozanich

On Dec 6, 2007 1:16 PM, Shandy Nantz <shandybleu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to get the modulus and exponent from an key, or is there
> a way to get that information as it is being encrypted? I am using the
> OpenSSL::PKey::RSA library to encrypt my data. Thanks,

It's in ext/openssl/ossl_pkey_rsa.c:ossl_rsa_get_params

sh-2.05b$ openssl genrsa -out test.pem 512
Generating RSA private key, 512 bit long modulus
......++++++++++++
++++++++++++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
sh-2.05b$ cat sslparams.rb
require 'openssl'
file = ARGV[0] || "test.pem"
OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(File.read(file)).params.each do |k,v|
puts "#{k} = #{v}"
end
sh-2.05b$ ruby sslparams.rb
iqmp =
59260111929228437887497692691757636132892230319984822766526877098035186370601
n =
11804463841624570992464253395735827528891316877747581110813958174030871384082650715713947258948719543061592249783350178655531273368202635182086293357491941
d =
11689187633396551317545091362483299497115519346555148562621014749226871236290914623323220129606434399743927309247086015156374960675693636631059313239642145
p =
112801836523523861906861645509931518041464374339361561066100421492644618944537
e = 65537
q =
104647798346464426891710400199240987063553868486458584292121861850498642450093
dmq1 =
99023959205578397450133824684619830214173568429859912795458096383091586608213
dmp1 =
53486077635053542407429782172225184600126728910320284879214346062284381856073

-Adam

David Johnston

On 11/6/2013 6:53 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>

> S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super virus...but
> instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she gets
> an impending levitation death sequence. When she first got static zapped,
> my initial thought was: 'shouldn't she be put in quarantine'. When she
> jumped out of the plane my first thought was: hero guy will jump after her
> and save her. Meanwhile, my second thought was: 'if she succeeded in
> falling into the ocean, wouldn't that unleash the virus onto the entire
> world?' But even with all the scientific silliness on this show, the
> absolute worst moment last night was when Skye came in to give the cute
> scientist a hug...as if their few weeks of relationship is supposed to have
> bonded them at this level and as if we, the viewers, are supposed to
> identify with Skye as the main protagonist character who's personal feelings
> are supposed to matter to us. Pretty much any of the other characters on
> the show coming in to hug the cutie female scientist would have meant more
> in that scene.

Probably too much. Couldn't be Coulson, Fitz or Ward, because they'd
already each in their own way indicated that they cared about Simmons
and were glad she was alive. In Wards case he hugged her while jumping
out of the plane to save her. Leaves only Melinda May...who honestly
has less of relationship with Simmons than Skye does.

Obveeus

"Arthur Lipscomb" <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/6/2013 5:53 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>> NEW GIRL: Just when Schmidt is past trying to destroy Jesse and Nick's
>> relationship, it looks like CeCe will take over the role.Taye Diggs was
>> funny here as the smarmy guest suitor for Jesse. The return of 'Coach'
>> was
>> a dud, though, as Daymon Wayans added nothing to the show. Winston's
>> 'Bunny
>> Money' scenario was funny, though, which saved the plotline revolving
>> around
>> the guys at the strip club.
>>

> I generally agree. I was really looking forward to the return of Coach
> but he wasn't nearly as funny as he was in the pilot. I didn't care for
> the funny money plot. First the scenario was a little too dumb for me.
> Second, I thought they were supposed to be generally broke but last week
> Schmidt can suddenly afford his own apartment and now Winston has 2 grand
> to blow on strippers?

Schmidt has always had lots of money, often supporting the entire rest of
the group financially. Jesse was broke only for a short while after being
laid off as a teacher. Nick is always broke because he has an aversion to
money. Winston is broke because he has no common sense...but this $2,000 in
'bunny money' came out of a credit card advance, not any actual assets.

Anim8rFSK

In article <l5dhkb$5k1$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > What did you watch?
>

> S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super virus...but
> instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she gets
> an impending levitation death sequence. When she first got static zapped,
> my initial thought was: 'shouldn't she be put in quarantine'. When she
> jumped out of the plane my first thought was: hero guy will jump after her
> and save her. Meanwhile, my second thought was: 'if she succeeded in
> falling into the ocean, wouldn't that unleash the virus onto the entire
> world?' But even with all the scientific silliness on this show, the
> absolute worst moment last night was when Skye came in to give the cute
> scientist a hug...as if their few weeks of relationship is supposed to have
> bonded them at this level and as if we, the viewers, are supposed to
> identify with Skye as the main protagonist character who's personal feelings
> are supposed to matter to us. Pretty much any of the other characters on
> the show coming in to hug the cutie female scientist would have meant more
> in that scene.

I'm not sure why her fiery death would blow the bus out of the sky. All
it did to the car was suck out the battery. It didn't do much of
anything to the barn, and the fire station windows just sort of glowed.

> TROPHY WIFE: The main couple tries to throw an adult party, but both
> ex-wives show up to put a damper on the evening. Nat Faxon shows up as a
> guest star to be not funny, as always.

Was that the sad guy?

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?

Anim8rFSK

In article <l5dniv$b9q$1@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 11/6/2013 5:53 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> > "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?
> >

> > S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super virus...but
> > instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she gets
> > an impending levitation death sequence. When she first got static zapped,
> > my initial thought was: 'shouldn't she be put in quarantine'. When she
> > jumped out of the plane my first thought was: hero guy will jump after her
> > and save her.
>
> I was wondering if that's a nod to the upcoming Captain America. He's
> shown jumping out of a plane without a parachute in the trailer.
>
> Meanwhile, my second thought was: 'if she succeeded in
> > falling into the ocean, wouldn't that unleash the virus onto the entire
> > world?' But even with all the scientific silliness on this show, the
> > absolute worst moment last night was when Skye came in to give the cute
> > scientist a hug...as if their few weeks of relationship is supposed to have
> > bonded them at this level and as if we, the viewers, are supposed to
> > identify with Skye as the main protagonist character who's personal feelings
> > are supposed to matter to us.
>
> Under the circumstances, the hug seemed perfectly normal to me.
>

> Pretty much any of the other characters on
> > the show coming in to hug the cutie female scientist would have meant more
> > in that scene.
> >

> With our latest Coulson revelation, I wonder if the writers are trying
> to lull the audience so when he's revealed to be The Vision or whatever,
> it will still be a surprise.

The physical ... is odd. I have no doubt that S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ would
send him back a phony report, but just how good are LMDs that they not
only sweat but can give blood samples?

--

"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <l5dhkb$5k1$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>> S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super
>> virus...but
>> instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she
>> gets
>> an impending levitation death sequence.
>
> I'm not sure why her fiery death would blow the bus out of the sky. All
> it did to the car was suck out the battery. It didn't do much of
> anything to the barn, and the fire station windows just sort of glowed.

Yep. It was poorly visualized. I'm guessing that the electrostatic shock
of the death event worked a bit like a localized EMP and would have
destroyed some electronics on the plane, causing it to crash. Still,
jumping into the ocean risks infecting some other animal there, which would
then spread the disease across the planet. What she needed to do was hand
out the back of the plane on a rope until she was dead.

>> TROPHY WIFE: The main couple tries to throw an adult party, but both
>> ex-wives show up to put a damper on the evening. Nat Faxon shows up as a
>> guest star to be not funny, as always.
>
> Was that the sad guy?

Yes, which is also a good description of his comedy.

David Johnston

On 11/6/2013 12:35 PM, anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <l5dhkb$5k1$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>

>> S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super virus...but
>> instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she gets
>> an impending levitation death sequence. When she first got static zapped,
>> my initial thought was: 'shouldn't she be put in quarantine'. When she
>> jumped out of the plane my first thought was: hero guy will jump after her
>> and save her. Meanwhile, my second thought was: 'if she succeeded in
>> falling into the ocean, wouldn't that unleash the virus onto the entire
>> world?' But even with all the scientific silliness on this show, the
>> absolute worst moment last night was when Skye came in to give the cute
>> scientist a hug...as if their few weeks of relationship is supposed to have
>> bonded them at this level and as if we, the viewers, are supposed to
>> identify with Skye as the main protagonist character who's personal feelings
>> are supposed to matter to us. Pretty much any of the other characters on
>> the show coming in to hug the cutie female scientist would have meant more
>> in that scene.
>
> I'm not sure why her fiery death would blow the bus out of the sky. All
> it did to the car was suck out the battery. It didn't do much of
> anything to the barn, and the fire station windows just sort of glowed.

The controls would all be fried at a minimum and the people electrocuted
because they'd be inside an electrified metal enclosue.

David Barnett

On Tuesday I watched:

HOMELAND: Still Positive; Game On; Yoga Play

Yes, I watched these episodes ou6t of order, not noticing
I had missed the last two.
Brody's having a long holiday.

--
David Barnett

Anim8rFSK

In article <l5ec15$gt8$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> "anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <l5dhkb$5k1$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> >> S.H.I.E.L.D.: cute female scientist gets infected with a super
> >> virus...but
> >> instead of getting super powers like everyone else in the universe, she
> >> gets
> >> an impending levitation death sequence.
> >
> > I'm not sure why her fiery death would blow the bus out of the sky. All
> > it did to the car was suck out the battery. It didn't do much of
> > anything to the barn, and the fire station windows just sort of glowed.
>
> Yep. It was poorly visualized. I'm guessing that the electrostatic shock
> of the death event worked a bit like a localized EMP and would have
> destroyed some electronics on the plane, causing it to crash. Still,
> jumping into the ocean risks infecting some other animal there, which would
> then spread the disease across the planet. What she needed to do was hand
> out the back of the plane on a rope until she was dead.

Yeah. Well, they do have that S.H.I.E.L.D.ed room they had the eye spy
chick in, but if that didn't work, I was thinking the same thing; get a
long rope and keelhaul her until the danger is over. Or you could
sacrifice LOLA. But, really, a parachute, and not the flying catch with
LOLA?

I did like at the end, Agent Blake touched LOLA on the way out of the
bus, just to piss Coulsen off. :)

> >> TROPHY WIFE: The main couple tries to throw an adult party, but both
> >> ex-wives show up to put a damper on the evening. Nat Faxon shows up as a
> >> guest star to be not funny, as always.
> >
> > Was that the sad guy?
>
> Yes, which is also a good description of his comedy.

heh

And his taste ... with Meg hanging all over him, he ends up with the
crazy chick?

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?

Obveeus

"anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <l5ec15$gt8$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "anim8rFSK" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> > In article <l5dhkb$5k1$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>

>> > Was that the sad guy?
>>
>> Yes, which is also a good description of his comedy.
>
> heh
>
> And his taste ... with Meg hanging all over him, he ends up with the
> crazy chick?

He wanted to preserve his good name?