Are there module existing for system test

Tammo Tjarks

12/6/2007 12:18:00 AM

I have looked around a little at rubyforge and RAA.
I would like to have something like unit tests also for system tests. What I
have in mind is, that I have a ruby-wrapper starting the programs "under
test" (e.g. Makefiles (but the whole system is running in unix with system
commands (not rake|rant)). I would like to check to somehow "monitor" what
is going on in the unix shell. This implies:
1. The wrapper should fake the system command or at least provide a
possibility to switch to "own" commands (could be done maybe by resetting
the PATH-Variable)
2. Track which commands are started inside the shell.

Is there hook to see which commands are executed inside a shell?
I think about using pty,Open3 or shell maybe.
With respect to that I have another question. When I start a process in
Open3.popen3 . How can I determine the working directory in that
subprocess?