Shoes questions

Erik Boling

12/5/2007 7:08:00 AM

Alright i know that its possible to "getkeys" and set commands for the
SHOE app. but i can't get it to work i want to replace a button with
somthing like keypress :enter ::
button("Submit Answer") do #this is where the *enter would go
if @answerp.text.to_i == answer
answerbox.clear { para "correct" }
wrongbox.clear
@answerp.replace edit_line
in addition, can someone yell me why this doesn't work, i was
attempting to clear my edit box.....
button("Submit Answer") do
if @answerp.text.to_i == answer
answerbox.clear { para "correct" }
wrongbox.clear
@answerp.replace edit_line
clear doesnt work either, i get an error and it just creates another
box.???
Thanks for any help

_why

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 04:08:20PM +0900, Erik Boling wrote:
> Alright i know that its possible to "getkeys" and set commands for the
> SHOE app. but i can't get it to work i want to replace a button with
> somthing like keypress :enter ::

Oh, Erik, if you want to join the Shoes mailing list, we'll take
good care of you. Send a message To: shoes@code.whytheluckystiff.net
and CC: why@whytheluckystiff.net and you'll be subscribed.

> in addition, can someone yell me why this doesn't work, i was
> attempting to clear my edit box.....
> button("Submit Answer") do
> if @answerp.text.to_i == answer
> answerbox.clear { para "correct" }
> wrongbox.clear
> @answerp.replace edit_line

A paragraph can't be replaced with an edit_line yet. And you
probably want to use: answerbox.text = "correct" ... Depends on what
answerbox is.

Post your entire program to the Shoes list and we'll all race to
find an answer. As long as you keep in mind that nobody knows
Shoes, you'll be just fine.

_why

David Johnston

On 11/5/2013 6:17 PM, SueB1863 wrote:
> Didn't Haley eventually admit that he made most of the story up? How
> are they going to handle that?

Did anyone ever doubt that the story was made up?

Anim8rFSK

In article <daf76090-c842-46c1-a77f-b6e05f5c439a@googlegroups.com>,
SueB1863 <sueb1863@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Didn't Haley eventually admit that he made most of the story up? How are they
> going to handle that?

I don't know that he admitted it, but it was found out. Researchers
went looking for more detail and found that either Haley made it up, or
it was just family folklore. Chicken George, for instance ... IIRC all
they came up with was there was an ancestor with that name; no details
of his life at all. Kunta Kinte was apparently sold by his tribe, not
snatched in the jungle by the evil slavers. It would be interesting
(although short) if they made an accurate version.

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?

cloud dreamer

On 05/11/2013 10:38 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 11/5/2013 6:17 PM, SueB1863 wrote:
>> Didn't Haley eventually admit that he made most of the story up? How
>> are they going to handle that?
>>

> Did anyone ever doubt that the story was made up?

It's a novel. He could make up whatever he wanted. His only claim, IIRC,
is that he is a descendant of Kunte Kinte which he is according to the
family tree he provided and that some of his work is based on what was
orally passed down.

The real controversy was over plagiarism of previous work including The
Africa (1967). He admitted he did and paid an out of court settlement.

..