SSL not installed error when trying to install Rails w/ gem

jackster the jackle

12/4/2007 10:46:00 PM

I got ruby and gems installed on Red Hat, then updated gems.
I am now trying to install Rails with gems and am getting the error:

SSL not installed on this system

Is there any way around this other than installing OpenSSL?

thanks

Jackster

jackster the jackle

I found the fix:

Assuming your source is at /usr/src/ruby-1.8.6

cd /usr/src/ruby-1.8.6/ext/openssl
sudo ruby extconf.rb
sudo make
sudo make install