eruby & ruby cgi, are they "safe"?

Kyle Schmitt

12/4/2007 5:54:00 PM

Programming errors asside (sql injection, running uploaded files, not
cleaing input etc), are eruby and ruby cgi considered safe for
externally facing apps?

While I like camping for small apps, there are some really small
things I'd rather just do in a <gasp> phpish way (write & run).

Thanks
--Kyle

1 Answer

Alex Dunae

On Dec 4, 9:53 am, "Kyle Schmitt" <kyleaschm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Programming errors asside (sql injection, running uploaded files, not
> cleaing input etc), are eruby and ruby cgi considered safe for
> externally facing apps?
>
> While I like camping for small apps, there are some really small
> things I'd rather just do in a <gasp> phpish way (write & run).
>
> Thanks
> --Kyle

I've found eRuby to be extremely safe and stable for use over the web.