Any success compiling ruby-odbc for Mac OS X Leopard?

Justin Williams

12/3/2007 7:38:00 PM

Has anyone had any luck compiling the ruby-odbc library on Mac OS X
Leopard? I've been following the instructions found here (http://
www.napcsweb.com/blog/2007/03/08/15/), which worked on Mac OS X
Tiger. Everything works in Leopard, save for ruby-odbc. When I try
to make the library, I get the following error:

cc -arch ppc -arch i386 -pipe -bundle -o odbc.bundle odbc.o -L"." -L"/
System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib" -L. -
arch ppc -arch i386 -lruby -liodbc -lpthread -ldl -lm
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"_SQLConfigDataSource", referenced from:
_conf_dsn in odbc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Undefined symbols for architecture ppc:
"_SQLConfigDataSource", referenced from:
_conf_dsn in odbc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cc7qgHlP.out (No such file or
directory)
make: *** [odbc.bundle] Error 1

Here's the commands I am typing into the Terminal:

> ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386" ruby extconf.rb
> make

Anyone had any luck?

Thanks for the help.
1 Answer

Andrew Ryan

I installed ruby-odbc using MacPorts and it installed without any
problems that I remember.