how to use render & redirect_to together

Advait Bellur

I needed to know a way or method of using render and reditect_to
methods.
At present using them both is giving me an error that both cant be used.

If not this an alternative approach would also help.

Thank You

Advait

Jason Roelofs

On Dec 3, 2007 8:24 AM, Advait Bellur <advait.bellur@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I needed to know a way or method of using render and reditect_to
> methods.
> At present using them both is giving me an error that both cant be used.
>
> If not this an alternative approach would also help.
>
> Thank You
>
> Advait

What exactly are you trying to do and why?

You can't use render and redirect_to at the same time. Either you're
rendering a page, or you're going to another page.

Jason

Jason Roelofs

On Dec 3, 2007 8:37 AM, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2007 8:24 AM, Advait Bellur <advait.bellur@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I needed to know a way or method of using render and reditect_to
> > methods.
> > At present using them both is giving me an error that both cant be used.
> >
> > If not this an alternative approach would also help.
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > Advait
> > --
> >

> What exactly are you trying to do and why?
>
> You can't use render and redirect_to at the same time. Either you're
> rendering a page, or you're going to another page.
>
> Jason

Oh, and next time please use the Rails mailing list.
Jason