ruby-spidermonkey

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

11/28/2007 12:15:00 PM

Hey, does anyone know anything about ruby-spidermonkey?
I just found it, and while the google site[1] has nothing but code,
there seems to be more in Japanese [2].
I'm not clever enough to figure out how to get it working with SpiderMonkey
--
http://code.google.com/p/ruby-spi...
http://rubyist.g.hatena.ne.jp...

2 Answers

MonkeeSage

On Nov 28, 6:14 am, Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney <devi.webmas...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey, does anyone know anything about ruby-spidermonkey?
> I just found it, and while the google site[1] has nothing but code,
> there seems to be more in Japanese [2].
> I'm not clever enough to figure out how to get it working with SpiderMonkey
> --http://code.google.com/p/ruby-spidermonkey/http://rubyist.g.hatena.ne.jp...
> --
> Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

Here is the machine-translated README.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://ruby-spidermonkey.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/REA...

Ps. "The server-side JavaScript can be used as the color of happiness"
<- yes!

I just pulled the source from SVN, ran the following...

$ sed -i -e 's/smjs/js/g' *.c *.rb

$ ruby extconf.rb
checking for xulrunner-js... no
checking for thunderbird-js... no
checking for mozilla-js... no
checking for main() in -ljs... yes
creating Makefile

$ ruby test.rb
"JavaScript-C 1.6 2006-11-19"
Loaded suite test
Started
................................"no WikiParser. test through"
.
Finished in 1.752299 seconds.

HTH,
Jordan

MonkeeSage

On Nov 28, 10:55 am, MonkeeSage <MonkeeS...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 6:14 am, Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney <devi.webmas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey, does anyone know anything about ruby-spidermonkey?
> > I just found it, and while the google site[1] has nothing but code,
> > there seems to be more in Japanese [2].
> > I'm not clever enough to figure out how to get it working with SpiderMonkey
> > --http://code.google.com/p/ruby-spidermonkey/http://rubyist.g......
> > --
> > Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney
>
> Here is the machine-translated README.
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://......
>
> Ps. "The server-side JavaScript can be used as the color of happiness"
> <- yes!
>
> I just pulled the source from SVN, ran the following...
>
> $ sed -i -e 's/smjs/js/g' *.c *.rb
>
> $ ruby extconf.rb
> checking for xulrunner-js... no
> checking for thunderbird-js... no
> checking for mozilla-js... no
> checking for main() in -ljs... yes
> creating Makefile
>
> $ ruby test.rb
> "JavaScript-C 1.6 2006-11-19"
> Loaded suite test
> Started
> ..............................."no WikiParser. test through"
> .
> Finished in 1.752299 seconds.

> HTH,
> Jordan

^ err...skipped a step there...might help to actually call 'make' ;)