Modifying A Remote Zip File

Andrew Stewart

11/22/2007 10:45:00 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to modify a zip file over HTTP?

I have a zip file stored on Amazon S3. If I want to delete a file
from it, or add a new file to it from my local disk, can I do that
without having to download the zip file to my local disk first and
upload it again afterwards?

Thanks and regards,
Andy Stewart

-------
http://airbladeso...

2 Answers

Bryan Duxbury

HTTP does not specify a MODIFY verb. You have to upload an updated
version.

On Nov 22, 2007, at 2:45 AM, Andrew Stewart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to modify a zip file over HTTP?
>
> I have a zip file stored on Amazon S3. If I want to delete a file
> from it, or add a new file to it from my local disk, can I do that
> without having to download the zip file to my local disk first and
> upload it again afterwards?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Andy Stewart
>
> -------
> http://airbladeso...

Andrew Stewart

On 24 Nov 2007, at 02:25, Bryan Duxbury wrote:

> HTTP does not specify a MODIFY verb. You have to upload an updated
> version.

Of course, silly me. Thank you for pointing out the obvious fact I
overlooked!

Regards,
Andy Stewart