Best library to work Google API?

Feng Tien

11/21/2007 4:47:00 AM

I'm going to build a google search tool (no it's not for spam).

What's the best library for working with Google?

I'm not building a website or anything, but would Rails work better for
extracting data and outputting to a text file or offline webpage?

Peter Szinek

Feng Tien wrote:
> I'm going to build a google search tool (no it's not for spam).
>
> What's the best library for working with Google?
>
> I'm not building a website or anything, but would Rails work better for
> extracting data and outputting to a text file or offline webpage?

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ru...

you could also look into

http://s.../scrapin-google-...

you do not need rails for this at all - I think it would just make
things more complicated actually.

Cheers,
Peter
___
http://www.rubyra...
http://s...

Feng Tien

Hmm, since they deprecated the SOAP api, wouldn't ruby-google be
useless? I can't get a key anymore ;(