[ANN] OpenWFEru workflow engine 0.9.16 released

John Mettraux

11/20/2007 12:16:00 AM

OpenWFEru ("Rufus" for short) is an open source Ruby workflow and BPM engine.

It's a tool for interpreting and playing [business] processes.

There is an example integration of the workflow engine within a Ruby
on Rails application at http://difference.openwf...

OpenWFEru also comprises a Scheduler (cron / at) which can be used
independently, see http://openwferu.rub.../sche...

http://openwferu.rub...

Best regards,

--
John Mettraux -///- http://jmettraux.o...

2 Answers

Rhino

On 2013-10-31 4:03 PM, anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <l4ub3b$nc0$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact_please@example.com> wrote:

>>> What the fuck is it with you and an inability to recognize sarcasm?
>>>
>>> Also, H*tl*r despise the Poles and killed a significant number of
>>> civilians (or is that a myth, too?) Last I looked, they could be whiter than
>>> Swedes.
>>>
>>> So your bitch is stupid and incredibly misplaced.
>>>

>> Adam, I was just thinking about you. I've had my say on this whole
>> German subthread and wanted to ask you something completely unrelated.
>>
>> Are you allowed to turn right on a red light in Illinois? I know you're
>> from Chicago so I assume you know the rules of the road there.
>>
>> The reason I ask is that I was behind an SUV from Illinois this morning
>> and he (a generic "he", the driver might have been a woman but I
>> couldn't tell through the tinting) resolutely refused to turn right on a
>> red, even after I encouraged him by winking my lights, which is one of
>> the things we do in Ontario.
>>
>> I know that NY state prohibits right turns on a red light but I'm not
>> sure which other states have that rule. I know Michigan and Ohio DO
>> allow rights on red lights.
>>
>> Now in all fairness, the intersection was a bit odd. The driver in
>> question was going south and was poised to turn right (west) in the
>> right turn lane. I was immediately behind him. The signal we got was red
>> but there was a green arrow pointing right below the standard
>> red/green/amber signal. This guy waited until the green arrow turned
>> off, then waited a while longer and then finally turned on the solid red
>> with no arrow lit. I think he may have been waiting for a green light
>> (or a green light and a green arrow) and it finally dawned on him that
>> it wasn't going to happen so he made the turn. I could well imagine
>> being in the same position and wanting to wait for a green light, not
>> just a red light with a green arrow, if I was from a state that didn't
>> let you turn right on a red.
>>
>> It was just a little exasperating waiting for this guy to move as I was
>> already running late and lost additional minutes waiting for this little
>> drama to play itself out.
>
> In certain places, under certain conditions, including waiting a full
> two minutes first, with variations for what kind of vehicle you're in,
> then "yes"
> http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publication....
> pdf
> Frankly, with that many possibilities, I'd probably wait it out too.

Yikes! It took an appallingly long time for that PDF to load up. I
couldn't see anything like a find/search command either so had to skim
the whole 100 pages to find what I wanted but finally determined that it
is legal to turn right on a red (or even left on a red in certain cases
involving one way streets) in Illinois. So I guess the guy this morning
was just befuddled by encountering the solid red light and the
right-facing arrow at the same time and decided he'd get into trouble if
he tried it. (Until he finally gave up on seeing a solid green light.)

Oh well, just one of those things....

I'm surprised to see you have to be 18 to get a driver's license (in
most cases) in Illinois. It's 16 here in Ontario (Canada). I think
there'd be rioting in the streets if they ever tried to raise it to 18 ;-)

Thanks for the reply, BTR....

--
Rhino

Rhino

On 2013-10-31 4:32 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact_please@example.com> wrote:
>
>> Adam, I was just thinking about you. I've had my say on this whole
>> German subthread and wanted to ask you something completely unrelated.
>
>> Are you allowed to turn right on a red light in Illinois? I know you're
>>from Chicago so I assume you know the rules of the road there.
>
> Yes, right turn on red is allowed in Illinois, except where prohibited.
> The turning driver must yield to conflicting traffic and to pedestrians.
>
> If there are two intersecting one-way streets, even left turn on red is
> allowed.
>
>> The reason I ask is that I was behind an SUV from Illinois this morning
>> and he (a generic "he", the driver might have been a woman but I
>> couldn't tell through the tinting) resolutely refused to turn right on a
>> red, even after I encouraged him by winking my lights, which is one of
>> the things we do in Ontario.
>
> It's optional, not required.
>
>> Now in all fairness, the intersection was a bit odd. The driver in
>> question was going south and was poised to turn right (west) in the
>> right turn lane. I was immediately behind him. The signal we got was red
>> but there was a green arrow pointing right below the standard
>> red/green/amber signal. This guy waited until the green arrow turned
>> off, then waited a while longer and then finally turned on the solid red
>> with no arrow lit. I think he may have been waiting for a green light
>> (or a green light and a green arrow) and it finally dawned on him that
>> it wasn't going to happen so he made the turn. I could well imagine
>> being in the same position and wanting to wait for a green light, not
>> just a red light with a green arrow, if I was from a state that didn't
>> let you turn right on a red.
>
> If the intersection has a right turn slip lane,

Interesting terminology; we'd call it a right-turn lane. I've never
heard "slip lane" before this email ;-)

> sometimes this lane is
> controlled with its own green right arrow light. If the traffic control
> box is new enough and has enough wiring combinations, you can get this
> green arrow at the same time as cross traffic coming from the right has
> a green left arrow and cross traffic from the left is stopped. Pedestrian
> lights, if present, would be at don't walk during this cycle.
>
> That's not even a right turn on red. That's a right turn on green.

I'm not sure I'd call it that but I agree with your understanding of
what it means: he should have known that he could make the right.

> The
> solid red over green right arrow just means straight ahead traffic must
> stop.

Agreed.

> It's there for added visibility for traffic sitting in the through
> lanes and doesn't apply to the slip lane. The green right arrow controls
> the slip lane.
>
> Yes, the driver ahead of you was being unreasonable blocking traffic.

Maybe he was yapping on a cellphone (which is illegal here but probably
still widely done) and didn't even notice the green arrow. Or he'd dozed
off....

Anyway, it's no biggie. I was just curious about the rules for Illinois.
I've been in Illinois but I wasn't driving so didn't have to know the
rules ;-)

--
Rhino