question about GUI toolkit

Pat Kiatchaipipat

11/18/2007 2:13:00 PM

I want suggest about gui tool kit for ruby

I use 'tk' but it's seem simple then I search about that and found many
toolkit

I see 'gtk' but I don't know it can use with window??
why I use it, it seem problem about output font

and do you think what tool kit is good for window??

thank you

Werner

Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
> I want suggest about gui tool kit for ruby
>
> I use 'tk' but it's seem simple then I search about that and found many
> toolkit
>
> I see 'gtk' but I don't know it can use with window??
> why I use it, it seem problem about output font
>
> and do you think what tool kit is good for window??
>
> thank you

Sawat Dee Krap, Khun Pat

I had good success with qtruby. Qt is the toolkit underlying KDE and it
is available for Windows.
It is free for non-commercial use. Please read the license to see if it
fits your requirements.
http://trolltech.com/p...

Regards
Werner

David Mullet

Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
> I want suggest about gui tool kit for ruby
>
> I use 'tk' but it's seem simple then I search about that and found many
> toolkit
>
> I see 'gtk' but I don't know it can use with window??
> why I use it, it seem problem about output font
>
> and do you think what tool kit is good for window??
>
> thank you

I've had good results with the wxRuby toolkit on Windows:

http://rubyonwindows.bl.../2007/11/getting-started-with-wxruby-gui-to...

http://www.prodevtips.com/2007/10/16/simple-...

David

http://rubyonwindows.bl...