Five Top programming Languages

bicomplex

11/18/2007 3:48:00 AM

> 5 C#
>
> 6 Phyton
>

> Best Markup Language
>
> -> XML
>

> Cheers,
>
> #LoonyDudd

What is CHZZ??

Lloyd Linklater

IT seems we have yet another poster just trying to get a rise out of us.

ara.t.howard

On Nov 17, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Konrad Meyer wrote:

> For that matter, what is XML??

touche!

a @ http://codeforp...
--
it is not enough to be compassionate. you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

> For that matter, what is XML??
>
> --
> Konrad Meyer http://konrad.sobertil...

You've probably seen XML, or at least another SGML-subset like HTML
They look like this:
<tag attribute="value" anotherAttribute="anotherValue">
Some content
<aNestedTag someAttribute="more space separated values" />
More Content
<!-- a comment -->
</tag>

It was created by the W3C, the folks who really standardized HTML,
invented CSS, RDF, SMIL, SVG, Atom (as in news feeds, not the
elementary particle) It's popular because it's simple, and there are
standardized ways for accessing it, and manipulating it (XPath,
XQuery, XSLT, DOM, etc.) It's main use is as a file for meaningful
data, separate from the program that manipulates or generates it. The
new Microsoft Word uses an XML vocabulary as their default file
format. Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
said enough.
see the W3C's page
http://www.w...

-Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Konrad Meyer wrote:
> Quoth Devi Web Development:
>> Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
>> said enough.
> Sorry my sarcasm wasn't clear enough, good people of ruby-talk. ;P

Well ... speaking of sarcasm, I kind of like the statement that
operating systems are full of it myself. :)

Michael T. Richter

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 12:50 +0900, bicomplex@gmail.com wrote:
> *Five* Top programming Languages

Chad Perrin

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:43:29PM +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:

> Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
> said enough.

Can I quote you (out of context) on that?

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Rudy Giuliani: "You have free speech so I can be heard."

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:43:29PM +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:
>> Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
>> said enough.
>
> Can I quote you (out of context) on that?

I beat you to it. :)

Jay Levitt

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:43:29 -0500, Devi Web Development wrote:

>> For that matter, what is XML??
>>

> You've probably seen XML, or at least another SGML-subset like HTML
> They look like this:
> <tag attribute="value" anotherAttribute="anotherValue">
> Some content
> <aNestedTag someAttribute="more space separated values" />
> More Content
> <!-- a comment -->
> </tag>

Uh, nope. I think I'd remember if I saw something like that. Please don't
make assumptions.

So this is popular in the Microsoft world? What's with the slash at the
end of the third line? Does that continue it to the next line?

Also, I'm just guessing at the syntax based on your example (is that from
an actual data file?), but your comment doesn't seem to end - there's only
an exclamation point on the left.

Great! Another new language to learn. Thanks, Microsoft.

--
Jay Levitt |
Boston, MA | My character doesn't like it when they

Ben Bleything

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007, Jay Levitt wrote:
> Uh, nope. I think I'd remember if I saw something like that. Please don't
> make assumptions.

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Are you being sarcastic? It's hard
to tell.

> So this is popular in the Microsoft world? What's with the slash at the
> end of the third line? Does that continue it to the next line?
>
> Also, I'm just guessing at the syntax based on your example (is that from
> an actual data file?), but your comment doesn't seem to end - there's only
> an exclamation point on the left.
>
> Great! Another new language to learn. Thanks, Microsoft.

Okay, now I'm thinking you are.

Ben