prettier documentation

polypus

11/17/2007 10:25:00 PM

hi all,

how is the documentation for http://rake.ruby... and
http://syntax.rubyforg... generated?
i like the look of it much better than vanilla rdoc.

any ideas?

thanks,
_c

Christophe Mckeon

i finally found the answer to my question through quasi-random googling.
shame that nice templates like
http://weblog.jamisbuck.org/2005/4/8/rdo... are not included, by
default. maybe there should be a gem with additional rdoc templates or
something.

> how is the documentation for http://rake.ruby... and
> http://syntax.rubyforg... generated?
> i like the look of it much better than vanilla rdoc.

Trans

On Nov 19, 7:42 am, Christophe Mckeon <chromatoph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i finally found the answer to my question through quasi-random googling.
> shame that nice templates likehttp://weblog.jamisbuck.org/2005/4/8/rdoc-t... not included, by
> default. maybe there should be a gem with additional rdoc templates or
> something.
>
> > how is the documentation forhttp://rake.rubyfor...
> >http://syntax.rubyforge.org/api/...
> > i like the look of it much better than vanilla rdoc.

I don't undertand why the jamis template isn't included.

you might try allison though.

Christophe Mckeon

> I don't undertand why the jamis template isn't included.
>
> you might try allison though.

thanks, yeah, found that though my googling too. just blogged about it:

http://crepuscular-homunculus.blogspot.com/2007/11/generating-prettier...