ploblem with SciTE

Pat Kiatchaipipat

11/17/2007 10:31:00 AM

hi! I'm a new programmer in Ruby

and now I have problem with ruby in SciTE
when I want to take input to operate with function I use

print "Enter First Name : "
firstName = gets.to_s

It can't show output when press 'F5' but it show completely in cmd

and I have trouble to switch between cmd and SciTE
please help me :'(

Waleed Harbi

I prefer use eclipse IDE with RDT plugin, it is very powerful.

On Nov 17, 2007 1:31 PM, Pat Kiatchaipipat <l3litzer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi! I'm a new programmer in Ruby
>
> and now I have problem with ruby in SciTE
> when I want to take input to operate with function I use
>
> print "Enter First Name : "
> firstName = gets.to_s
>
> It can't show output when press 'F5' but it show completely in cmd
>
> and I have trouble to switch between cmd and SciTE
> please help me :'(

Yours,
Waleed Harbi
waleed.harbi@gmail.com
Nothing without reason everything 4 something.

Wolfgang Nádasi-donner

Use...

print "Enter First Name : "
STDOUT.flush