gem update & $LOAD_PATH

Chris Henderson

11/17/2007 2:17:00 AM

I am using ruby-gems v0.9.4p0 on OpenBSD 4.2. I am trying to update
all my gems (gem update --system) but after a while I get an error:
Searching $LOAD_PATH for stubs to optionally delete (may take a
while)... ...done. No library stubs found.

# ruby -e "print $LOAD_PATH" shows nil

# echo $LOAD_PATH shows nothing.

Could anyone tell me how to define the load_path and where to find
more information on it?

Thanks.

1 Answer

Eric Hodel

On Nov 16, 2007, at 18:16 , Chris Henderson wrote:

> I am using ruby-gems v0.9.4p0 on OpenBSD 4.2. I am trying to update
> all my gems (gem update --system) but after a while I get an error:
> Searching $LOAD_PATH for stubs to optionally delete (may take a
> while)... ...done. No library stubs found.

This is not an error.