rubygems: why "Bulk updating Gem source index..."

7stud --

11/14/2007 12:26:00 AM

I get that message almost every time I use a command like:

gem query -rn someGem

I think once it didn't say "Bulk Updating", which takes about 5 minutes.
Is there anyway to stop that?

Phrogz

On Nov 13, 5:25 pm, 7stud -- <bbxx789_0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I get that message almost every time I use a command like:
>
> gem query -rn someGem
>
> I think once it didn't say "Bulk Updating", which takes about 5 minutes.
> Is there anyway to stop that?

What version of gems are you using?

7stud --

Gavin Kistner wrote:

> What version of gems are you using?

0.9.4

Eric Hodel

On Nov 13, 2007, at 23:40 , 7stud -- wrote:
> Gavin Kistner wrote:
>>
>> What version of gems are you using?
>
> 0.9.4

Try the beta. This problem has been marked as fixed in the tracker.