Oracle Mix, powered by JRuby

Alexey Verkhovsky

11/13/2007 6:53:00 PM

Hi all,

This Sunday Oracle launched a new customer interaction web app called
Mix. Implementation-wise, it's a rather regular Rails application,
running on JRuby, Oracle Application Server (Oracle's J2EE stack) and
Oracle database. Three days later, it's still alive and kicking at
http://mix.....

The project team had lots of fun. Both good and bad variety of fun,
but mostly the good old "gee, look how much functionality we can crank
out before the Big Marketing Event" fun. Hopefully, this helps some of
you push (J)Ruby into your own day job. :)

http://oracleappslab.com/2007/11/11/mi...
http://ola-bini.blogspot.com/2007/11/oracle-mix-has-lau...

--
Alexey Verkhovsky
CruiseControl.rb [http://cruisecontrolrb.though...]

1 Answer

Dean Holdren

Will Oracle ever release Instant Client for Mac Intel? (So we can use ruby-oci8)

If you're a mix.oracle.com user, please +1 this:
https://mix.oracle.com/ideas/release-instant-client-for...

(I understand this isn't a problem for JRuby users, but it's very
frustrating for those of us using the seemingly reasonable combination
of Ruby/Intel-Mac/Oracle)

Also, I'd like XE ported please, thanks Oracle.