Export to Excel Spreadsheet

CORPO. ALAN MACIEL

11/12/2007 4:20:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

=20 I'm looking for a reporter for Ruby, I need to export some data to a
predefined Excel spreadsheet, I am trying to use jasper but I can't find
a good tutorial.

Thanks in advance=20

1 Answer

Lloyd Linklater

CORPO. ALAN MACIEL wrote:
> I'm looking for a reporter for Ruby, I need to export some data to a
> predefined Excel spreadsheet, I am trying to use jasper but I can't find
> a good tutorial.

This was found with a cursory look at an archive search:

excel = WIN32OLE.new('Excel.Application')
workbook = excel.Workbooks.Open('c:\temp\MyWorkbook.xls')

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/03/automating-excel-with-ruby-applic...
http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/03/automating-excel-with-ruby-wor...
http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/search/l...

The archive is a good place to start with questions like this.