Including nil HTTP header

Edward Liu

11/12/2007 4:01:00 PM

I am trying to connect to a web service with an HTTP request, and I am
working around with the HTTP headers. I am able to create my own custom
headers for the HTTP request, and everything is fine when the header has
a non-nil value associated to it. However, when I try to set a nil
value to a custom HTTP header, I do not the header included in the HTTP
message. Is there a way to include a header with a nil value in the
HTTP message? Thanks!

mortee

Just out of the top of my head: what about setting the header entry to
an empty string value ("")?

Edward Liu wrote:
> I am trying to connect to a web service with an HTTP request, and I am
> working around with the HTTP headers. I am able to create my own custom
> headers for the HTTP request, and everything is fine when the header has
> a non-nil value associated to it. However, when I try to set a nil
> value to a custom HTTP header, I do not the header included in the HTTP
> message. Is there a way to include a header with a nil value in the
> HTTP message? Thanks!

suzeeq

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>> I haven't seen non-troll-feeding followups from Barry recently.
>
>> Are you confusing him with Barry Worthington? Whose name is being
>> spoofed by the troll I think.
>
> No, suzeeq, and you do know he's seamus too, right, not just the spoofed name?

I thought he might be.