Re: case when when

Martyn

11/12/2007 12:00:00 PM

when 5: , 9:

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounce@example.com [mailto:list-bounce@example.com] On Behalf
Of Shuaib Zahda
Sent: 12 November 2007 11:38
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: case when when

Hi all

I am just wondering how can we make two cases belong to the same bunch
of code. I tried to do it like c but it did not work. it is like this in

switch(x)
{
case 5:
#do bla bla
break;
case 7 : case 9:
#do bla bla
break;
default:
#bla
}

however, I tried to do the same way in ruby but it did not work.
case x
when 5:
#do bla
when 7: when 9:
#do bla bla
else
#bla
end

I know that when provides conditions and I can use them but I am just
wondering what is the way because i did not find it in books and online

regards

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController -
www.MailController.altohiway.com

Triteq Limited
'excellence in electronic design'
Tel: +44 (0) 1488 684554
Fax:+44(0) 1488 685335
Web: www.triteq.com/ www.triteq-medical.com

*Officially shortlisted for: 2007 Product Design Category IET Innovation in=
Engineering Award*

**Elektra 2006 Award Winners- Design Application of the Year*

**IDEA 2006 Awards Winners- Design Collaboration Award and Innovative Small=
Company Award*

****************

This is an e-mail from Triteq Limited and its contents (including all atta=
chments) and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended so=
lely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may not be =
copied or printed by anyone other than the addressee and may not be disclos=
ed or distributed in any way. If you have received this e-mail in error pl=
ease inform Triteq Limited and delete it from your mailbox or any other sto=
rage mechanism.=20

Please note that neither Triteq Limited nor the sender accepts any respons=
ibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if a=
ny). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Triteq Limited by means of=
e-mail communications. It is possible for data conveyed by e-mail to be d=
eliberately or accidentally intercepted or corrupted.=20=20

For this reason, in communicating solely by e-mail, Triteq Limited is unabl=
e to accept any responsibility for any breaches of confidence which may ari=
se through use of this medium.

Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are n=
ot given or endorsed by Triteq Limited unless otherwise indicated by an aut=
horised representative independent of this message.

ISO 9001 & ISO13485 Registered
Registered Office Number: 2757740
info@triteq.com
**************************************************************************=
*****************

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.

1 Answer

Ken Bloom

Martyn <martyn.jago@triteq.com> wrote:
> when 5: , 9: