DBI - error loading driver

Peter Vanderhaden

11/11/2007 7:43:00 PM

I installed the DBI package so that I could write Ruby scripts that
access MySQL databases. When I attempt to run a test script, I get the
following error:

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:344:in `load_driver': Could not load
driver (no such file to load -- mysql) (DBI::InterfaceError)
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in
`_get_full_driver'
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:213:in `connect'
from /root/bin/simple.rb:6

I used the instructions at this link:

www.kitebird.com/articles/rubi-dbi.html

Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?
Thanks....

Windham, Kristopher R.

you need to install the ruby-mysql module

http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-...

you also need MySQL C client API header files and libraries installed

it would be a good idea to know where your mysql libs are before
attempting to configure

On Nov 11, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Peter Vanderhaden wrote:

> I installed the DBI package so that I could write Ruby scripts that
> access MySQL databases. When I attempt to run a test script, I get
> the
> following error:
>
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:344:in `load_driver': Could not
> load
> driver (no such file to load -- mysql) (DBI::InterfaceError)
> from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in
> `_get_full_driver'
> from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:213:in `connect'
> from /root/bin/simple.rb:6
>
> I used the instructions at this link:
>
> www.kitebird.com/articles/rubi-dbi.html
>
> Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?
> Thanks....

Peter Vanderhaden

Thanks Kristopher....