Re: A question for Matz

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: A question for Matz"
on Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:48:50 +0900, "Pat Maddox" <pergesu@gmail.com> writes:

|> I don't think so. Both Yukihiro and Matsumoto are common names among
|> Japanese.

|I love how the answer is "I don't think so" instead of just "no."
|It's like there's a very slim possibility that you were the director
|of photography for this film and just can't quite remember it :)

I've just googled. The directory of photography of the Anime: Black
Lagoon is "Yukihiro Masumoto" (?? ???). Note that he has one
less "t" in his family name.

matz.

2 Answers

Rick DeNatale

On Nov 10, 2007 9:42 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: A question for Matz"
> on Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:48:50 +0900, "Pat Maddox" <pergesu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> |> I don't think so. Both Yukihiro and Matsumoto are common names among
> |> Japanese.
>
> |I love how the answer is "I don't think so" instead of just "no."
> |It's like there's a very slim possibility that you were the director
> |of photography for this film and just can't quite remember it :)
>
> I've just googled. The directory of photography of the Anime: Black
> Lagoon is "Yukihiro Masumoto" (?? ???). Note that he has one
> less "t" in his family name.
>
> matz.

There do seem to be quite a few Matsumoto's in the movie/tv industry though:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=matsumoto&x...

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denh...

John Joyce

On Nov 10, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2007 9:42 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@ruby-lang.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In message "Re: A question for Matz"
>> on Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:48:50 +0900, "Pat Maddox"

>> among
>>
>> |I love how the answer is "I don't think so" instead of just "no."
>> |It's like there's a very slim possibility that you were the director
>> |of photography for this film and just can't quite remember it :)
>>
>> I've just googled. The directory of photography of the Anime: Black
>> Lagoon is "Yukihiro Masumoto" (?? ???). Note that
>> he has one
>> less "t" in his family name.
>>
>> matz.
>
> There do seem to be quite a few Matsumoto's in the movie/tv
> industry though:
> http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=matsumoto&x...
>
> --
> Rick DeNatale
>
> My blog on Ruby
> http://talklikeaduck.denh...

Matsumoto really is a very very common family name in Japan. Every
office has at least one!
Yukihiro is a fairly common given name too.