[ANN] miniunit 1.1.0 Released

Ryan Davis

11/8/2007 11:33:00 PM

miniunit version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/project...

miniunit is a completely minimial drop-in replacement for ruby's
test/unit. This is meant to be clean and easy to use both as a regular
test writer and for language implementors that need a minimal set of
methods to bootstrap a working unit test suite.

Changes:

## 1.1.0 / 2007-11-08

* 4 major enhancements:
* Finished writing all missing assertions.
* Output matches original test/unit.
* Documented every method needed by language implementor.
* Fully switched over to self-testing setup.
* 2 minor enhancements:
* Added deny (assert ! test), our favorite extension to test/unit.
* Added .autotest and fairly complete unit tests. (thanks Chad for
help here)

* <http://rubyforge.org/project...

3 Answers

Thiago Jackiw

Very nice Ryan! Are there any examples to share with us?

--
Thiago Jackiw

On Nov 8, 2007 3:33 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com> wrote:
> miniunit version 1.1.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/project...
>
> miniunit is a completely minimial drop-in replacement for ruby's
> test/unit. This is meant to be clean and easy to use both as a regular
> test writer and for language implementors that need a minimal set of
> methods to bootstrap a working unit test suite.
>
> Changes:
>
> ## 1.1.0 / 2007-11-08
>
> * 4 major enhancements:
> * Finished writing all missing assertions.
> * Output matches original test/unit.
> * Documented every method needed by language implementor.
> * Fully switched over to self-testing setup.
> * 2 minor enhancements:
> * Added deny (assert ! test), our favorite extension to test/unit.
> * Added .autotest and fairly complete unit tests. (thanks Chad for
> help here)
>
> * <http://rubyforge.org/project...

Ryan Davis

On Nov 8, 2007, at 15:42 , Thiago Jackiw wrote:

> Very nice Ryan! Are there any examples to share with us?

Examples of what?

It is a drop in replacement for test/unit, so I guess any existing
test suites out there are examples.

Thiago Jackiw

Gotcha!