Play a Music File

Tj Superfly

11/7/2007 9:38:00 PM

:D Hello,

I was wondering if there was a code that would play a file of music,
when called upon?

Thanks.

Jeremy Woertink

Tj Superfly wrote:
> :D Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there was a code that would play a file of music,
> when called upon?
>
> Thanks.

require 'win32ole'
player = WIN32OLE.new('WMPlayer.OCX')
player.OpenPlayer('c:\music\van halen\right now.wma')

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/07/automating-windows-media-player...

~Jeremy

Petr Kout

thank you for the link, but it's not what I was looking for. I do not
need to play the mp3 file. I need to be able to analyze it on the
backend; that is, to get its length in seconds, and possibly truncate it
(not necessary). I was doing it in Java so far. If I can't do this on
the backend, I can't switch to Ruby, which is what I would love to do.

Thanks.

Peter

Konrad Meyer wrote:
> Quoth Tj Superfly:
>> :D Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if there was a code that would play a file of music,
>> when called upon?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Or if you're not on windows:
>
> `mplayer my_music_file.wav`
>
> Regards,

Petr Kout

I responded to a wrong thread...

Peter

Petr Kout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for the link, but it's not what I was looking for. I do not
> need to play the mp3 file. I need to be able to analyze it on the
> backend; that is, to get its length in seconds, and possibly truncate it
> (not necessary). I was doing it in Java so far. If I can't do this on
> the backend, I can't switch to Ruby, which is what I would love to do.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter
>
> Konrad Meyer wrote:
>> Quoth Tj Superfly:
>>> :D Hello,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there was a code that would play a file of music,
>>> when called upon?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Or if you're not on windows:
>>
>> `mplayer my_music_file.wav`
>>
>> Regards,

lab~rat >:-)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:54:24 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> puked:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:54:53 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:29:47 +0000 (UTC), "6075 Dead, 1218 since

>>>No, but I can compare the effects of the Maunder minimum with the
>>>anticipated effects of the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the
>>>atmosphere, and realize that not only are we in no danger of an ice age,
>>>but that it will only have a minimal effect on global warming, buying us
>>>a little time and nothing else.
>>>
>>>But I imagine that's all right over your head, isn't it?
>>
>> What device do you have that measures greenhouse gasses and does it
>> identify were they originated? Or are you taking the word of a
>> "climatologist". If so, where did said "climatologist" get their
>> climatology degree?
>>
>> Oh yeah, there's no such thing as a degree in climatology...
>
>You're joking, right?
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_...
>
>Climatology is a science and a job description. You need a degree in
>meteorology or atmospheric physics, and training in Mathematics,
>Oceanography, Atmospheric science, Astronomy, Geophysics, and
>Climatology before you can be considered a climatologist.
>
>Some universities now have climatology degrees, reflecting the rapidly
>growing importance of the field of study.

What this says is they invented the degree to support the science that
has already been done.

http://geologyonlinecourses.com/climatologists-degree...

Go get your online climatology degree and dazzle us with your
brilliance.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

lab~rat >:-)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:05:08 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> puked:

>Gee, in laissez-faire America, there are fake private educational
>facilities handing out bullshit degrees!

That's my point.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

lab~rat >:-)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:11:25 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> puked:

>On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:09:43 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:05:08 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since
>> 1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> puked:
>>

>>>Gee, in laissez-faire America, there are fake private educational
>>>facilities handing out bullshit degrees!
>>
>> That's my point.
>
>Um, you're trying to say there is no such thing as study of the climate?
>
>Wow. You'll say anything when cornered, won't you?

I'm saying that climatology is much like cryptology. Everything else
you claim I said was manufactured by your drug addled little brain.

You can get a cryptology degree online as well. Why don't you do that
and go back to Canada and hunt for Bigfoot?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

lab~rat >:-)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> puked:

>On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:12:40 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:11:25 +0000 (UTC), "6082 Dead, 1225 since

>>>Um, you're trying to say there is no such thing as study of the climate?
>>>
>>>Wow. You'll say anything when cornered, won't you?
>>
>> I'm saying that climatology is much like cryptology. Everything else
>> you claim I said was manufactured by your drug addled little brain.
>>
>> You can get a cryptology degree online as well. Why don't you do that
>> and go back to Canada and hunt for Bigfoot?
>
>So basically, as your argument disintegrates, your assertions become ever
>more nebulous and diffuse.

Pot/kettle.