specifying path

joey eisma

on windows..i was trying to do a require("path to .rb"). how do you say "c:\my ruby stuff\myprogram.rb"?

http://mail...
8 Answers

Jano Svitok

On 11/7/07, joey eisma <joey_eisma@yahoo.com> wrote:
> on windows..i was trying to do a require("path to .rb"). how do you say "c:\my ruby stuff\myprogram.rb"?

Use forward slashes (/), or double backslashes (\\). Backslash is
escape char (used for \n newline, \t tab char, etc. So to obtain the
backslash itself you have to write it twice.

Note: generally it's best to avoid spaces in paths, but it should work
with them as well.

Lee Curtis

First Post wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:32:37 -0700, FEMA Inmate 520-11-1067R
> <send.help@FEMA.trailers.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Michael Ejercito
> ><mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Who cares about US history?
> >

> > Only a history major would. Look America is just another country
> > among many and there is nothing special about it. Kids don't need
> > to know history as long as they have the three R's and there is a
> > chance that talented students get the chance to advance to college
> > is all that matters. A future waiter, waitress or ditch digger does
> > not need to know American history to do their job.
> > There are two classes of students, the ones that have talents that
> > they can use to better the world through a college education and
> > the ones that will be good ditch diggers.
> >
> A people cannot know who they are if they don't know where they came
> from.
> Those that do not know history are destined to repeat the same
> mistakes again.

Like "never start a land war in asia"....

Michael Ejercito

On Jun 20, 8:12 am, "Lee Curtis" <cleet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First Post wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:32:37 -0700, FEMA Inmate 520-11-1067R
> > <send.h...@FEMA.trailers.invalid> wrote:

> > > Only a history major would. Look America is just another country
> > > among many and there is nothing special about it. Kids don't need
> > > to know history as long as they have the three R's and there is a
> > > chance that talented students get the chance to advance to college
> > > is all that matters. A future waiter, waitress or ditch digger does
> > > not need to know American history to do their job.
> > > There are two classes of students, the ones that have talents that
> > > they can use to better the world through a college education and
> > > the ones that will be good ditch diggers.
>
> > A people cannot know who they are if they don't know where they came
> > from.
> > Those that do not know history are destined to repeat the same
> > mistakes again.
>
>      Like "never start a land war in asia"....
I wonder what Genghis Khan would say about that.

Michael

Lee Curtis

Michael Ejercito wrote:

> On Jun 20, 8:12?am, "Lee Curtis" <cleet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > First Post wrote:

> > > A people cannot know who they are if they don't know where they
> > > came from.
> > > Those that do not know history are destined to repeat the same
> > > mistakes again.
> >
> > ? ? ?Like "never start a land war in asia"....
> I wonder what Genghis Khan would say about that.
>

> Michael

George Bush was no Ghengis Khan.

First Post

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:12:47 -0500, "Lee Curtis" <cleetiss@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Michael Ejercito wrote:

>> > ? ? ?Like "never start a land war in asia"....
>> I wonder what Genghis Khan would say about that.
>>

>> Michael
>

> George Bush was no Ghengis Khan.

No that was the American troops according to another of your heroes
John Kerry.

And why hasn't your boy in the whitehouse done as he said he would and
gotten all of our troops out of the middle east instead of starting
yet another battlefront in Libya?
Oh that's right, all that matters to you is whether the one holding
the power is a democrat regardless of how big of a hypocrite it shows
you to be.

FEMA Inmate 520-11-1067R

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 06:51:39 -0500, First Post
<ProgressivesLie@Invalid.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:32:37 -0700, FEMA Inmate 520-11-1067R
> <send.help@FEMA.trailers.invalid> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Michael Ejercito
> ><mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Who cares about US history?
> >

> > Only a history major would. Look America is just another country among
> >many and there is nothing special about it. Kids don't need to know
> >history as long as they have the three R's and there is a chance that
> >talented students get the chance to advance to college is all that
> >matters. A future waiter, waitress or ditch digger does not need to know
> >American history to do their job.
> > There are two classes of students, the ones that have talents that they
> >can use to better the world through a college education and the ones that
> >will be good ditch diggers.
> >
> A people cannot know who they are if they don't know where they came
> from.

Look under globalization soon nations will be like the US States are and
won't matter very much except for local administration of laws and
policies.

> Those that do not know history are destined to repeat the same
> mistakes again.
>
> So apparently you must be one of the "ditch diggers".

Yes. I'm a ditch digger. I just don't have the ability to do school work
and learn higher concepts. I recognized that when I was 16, dropped out of
high school, took my GED and then worked at a McDonalds until I was 18. I
then joined the Armed forces and used what abilities I have to make a
living. There is nothing wrong with being a ditch digger, if that is the
talent you are given by the gene pool. I have family members that are
College Graduates and others that are in the same boat as I am. That is
just the way the cookie crumbles.

--
Si vis pacem, para bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Lee Curtis

First Post wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:12:47 -0500, "Lee Curtis" <cleetiss@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Michael Ejercito wrote:

> country >> > > > among many and there is nothing special about it.
> Kids don't >> > > > need to know history as long as they have the
> three R's and >> > > > there is a chance that talented students get
> the chance to >> > > > advance to college is all that matters. A
> future waiter, >> > > > waitress or ditch digger does not need to
> know American history >> > > > to do their job. There are two
> classes of students, the ones >> > > > that have talents that they
> can use to better the world through >> > > > a college education and
> the ones that will be good ditch >> > > > diggers.

> >> I wonder what Genghis Khan would say about that.
> >>

> >> Michael
> >

> > George Bush was no Ghengis Khan.
> >

> No that was the American troops according to another of your heroes
> John Kerry.
>
> And why hasn't your boy in the whitehouse done as he said he would and
> gotten all of our troops out of the middle east instead of starting
> yet another battlefront in Libya?

You mean you WANT Obama to "surrender to terrorism",
as you will doubtless say?

> Oh that's right, all that matters to you is whether the one holding
> the power is a democrat regardless of how big of a hypocrite it shows
> you to be.

What do YOU think Obama should do with the
quagmire wars Bush started?

Yoorghis

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:04:10 -0500, Marvin the Martian
<marvin@ontomars.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:32:37 -0700, FEMA Inmate 520-11-1067R wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Michael Ejercito
>> <mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Who cares about US history?
>>

>> Only a history major would. Look America is just another country among
>> many and there is nothing special about it.
>
>Anyone who knew American history wouldn't utter such an ignorant
>statement.

Dunno which is worse

Someone who thinks we're not unique---

Or,

Someone who alters history to fit their tin-hat political ideology

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:32:34 -0700 (PDT),
Kurtis T. Nicklas

<nickl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>I don't pay much attention to him these days, but I'd wager he's not
>happy.

You sure as shit paid attention when you got caught
making all those late-night hang-up phone calls, didn't
ya, Nickkkkers?

CLICK ! ! !