site-specific.rb?

Giles Bowkett

11/7/2007 3:31:00 AM

I found a strange animal hiding in my Mac:

/opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/site-specific.rb

What is this mysterious beast?

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

3 Answers

Michael Linfield

Giles Bowkett wrote:
> I found a strange animal hiding in my Mac:
>
> /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/site-specific.rb
>
> What is this mysterious beast?

after some brief googling, it appears to just be a patch for ruby 1.8.5,
regarding what? no idea, would have to look at the source code when i
get home tonight.

- Mac

James Britt

Giles Bowkett wrote:
> I found a strange animal hiding in my Mac:
>
> /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/site-specific.rb
>
> What is this mysterious beast?

What happens if you delete it?

:)

--
James Britt

"Discover the recipes you are using and abandon them."
- Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt, Oblique Strategies

Giles Bowkett

On 11/6/07, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Giles Bowkett wrote:
> > I found a strange animal hiding in my Mac:
> >
> > /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/site-specific.rb
> >
> > What is this mysterious beast?
>
> What happens if you delete it?
>
> :)

What? Didn't you read LOTR? Killing things to find out what they are
is not the path of wisdom, quoth Gandalf. I only want to know if I
should admire it close up, like a rose, or from far away, like a
tiger.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...