change ip and mac

Bu Mihai

11/6/2007 9:07:00 PM

how can i change my ip and mac address?
tnx

Ilan Berci

Bulhac Mihai wrote:
> how can i change my ip and mac address?
> tnx

If you are using dhcp, you can simply move to another country and plug
your computer in.. voila .. new ip!

As for changing the mac address, you can always buy a new nic.. (If it
will be hard to acquire it in the new country you move to, make sure to
buy one before you leave)

hth

ilan

César

=BF=BFfrom source code ruby?? :-|

well ,
if you use un debian distro, from console this are steps

1) #: apt-get install lshw
#: lshw | less

in this list find (/network ) you can see lines similar
*-network
product: 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0

if is "eth0" your netcard then

2) #: macchanger --mac "00:5D:6E:4D:5W:4B" eth0

where "00:5D:6E:4D:5W:4B" is the new mac address

and then

3) you going to edit "/etc/network/interfaces"

iface eth0 inet static
address "10.1.1.15" ##=3D=3D=3D=3D> "YOUR NEW IP ADDRESS"
netmask "255.255.255.0"
network "10.1.1.0"
broadcast 10.1.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.2

maybe this question is apropiate for other list of distros linux if
you not want do this from source code Ruby. I don't write english very
well, sorry!! i hope you understand my explanation. bye

http://www.sindominio.net/ayuda/preguntas-intelig...
http://cronopios.net/Traducciones/trol...

Mi blog:
http://enjoyingfreesoftware.word...

:-{=FE

Bu Mihai

no...i don't want to change my card and so on:), i want to change ip and
mac from ruby code if this is possible