[ANN] JRuby 1.1b1 Released

Thomas Enebo

11/2/2007 11:26:00 PM

The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 1.1 beta 1

Homepage: http://www....
Download: http://dist.codehaus....

JRuby 1.1b1 is the first release towards our goal of JRuby 1.1. JRuby 1.1
represents a concerted focus on speed and refinement. Ruby code can
completely compile in an Ahead Of Time (AOT) or Just In Time (JIT) mode;
yielding a faster Ruby! It uses less memory than our previous releases.
This is also our most compatible 1.8 release yet.

We need people to download JRuby 1.1b1 and give us feedback. Test your
applications and help us make JRuby 1.1 a great release.

--
Thomas E Enebo <thomas.enebo@sun.com>
JRuby Core Developer, http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Th...