Creating an RSA public key from a modulus and exponent

rodney

11/2/2007 1:21:00 AM

I know how to create a new keypair using:

OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(1024)

But, I'm looking for how to create a public key when I have the modulus
and exponent value of that key. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rodney

rodney

Rodney Carvalho wrote:
> I know how to create a new keypair using:
>
> OpenSSL::PKey::RSA.new(1024)
>
> But, I'm looking for how to create a public key when I have the modulus
> and exponent value of that key. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> rodney

OK, after many hours of playing I've answered my own question and posted
it on my blog. Here you go:

http://blog.internautdesign.com/2007/11/2/ruby-openssl-rsa-public-key-from-modulus-an...

-Rodney Carvalho
www.internautdesign.com

Shandy Nantz

Rodney Carvalho wrote:

> OK, after many hours of playing I've answered my own question and posted
> it on my blog. Here you go:
>
> http://blog.internautdesign.com/2007/11/2/ruby-openssl-rsa-public-key-from-modulus-an...
>
> -Rodney Carvalho
> www.internautdesign.com

How did you get them into that format though? I have been trying the
smae thing for the better part of a week and can't get them into the
correct format.

-S

rodney

response posted on blog.