YAML on OS X Leopard

Gabriel Dragffy

11/1/2007 4:35:00 PM

I'm using Leopard and it has a decent Ruby installation, so I haven't
bothered with MacPorts. Used gems to install Rails.

However when I go in to IRB and type:
require 'yaml'

I always get 'false'. What do I have to do to get it to work?

Best regards

Gabriel

1 Answer

Joel VanderWerf

Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> I'm using Leopard and it has a decent Ruby installation, so I haven't
> bothered with MacPorts. Used gems to install Rails.
>
> However when I go in to IRB and type:
> require 'yaml'
>
> I always get 'false'. What do I have to do to get it to work?

That just means yaml is already loaded. Try using it:

$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'yaml'
=> false
irb(main):002:0> "foo".to_yaml