Hoe does not like windows?

Vassilis Rizopoulos

11/1/2007 10:46:00 AM

I get the following running rake -T on a project seeded for Hoe:

rake aborted!
couldn't find HOME environment -- expanding `~/.hoerc'

ruby -v:

and all gems are updated to latest.

Does hoe not run on windows?
Cheers,
V.-
--
http://www.braveworl...

3 Answers

Giles Bowkett

The hoe docs refer to *untested* Windows fixes, and I know the general
atmosphere around it is certainly biased in favor of Unix. That's
about as much as I know.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

Gordon Thiesfeld

> Does hoe not run on windows?
> Cheers,
> V.-
> --
> http://www.braveworl...

Hoe will run on windows. You may just have to tweak things a bit.
You need to add a HOME system environment variable. I have mine
pointing to my %userprofile% path. I ran into a few other problems,
but I can't recall the details right now. If you get stuck, let me
know .

hth,

Gordon

Vassilis Rizopoulos

Gordon Thiesfeld wrote:
>> Does hoe not run on windows?
>> Cheers,
>> V.-
>> --
>> http://www.braveworl...
>>

> Hoe will run on windows. You may just have to tweak things a bit.
> You need to add a HOME system environment variable. I have mine
> pointing to my %userprofile% path. I ran into a few other problems,
> but I can't recall the details right now. If you get stuck, let me
> know .

Yep, setting the HOME variable did the trick.
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworl...