RubyCocoa dmg on 10.4

Ari Brown

10/29/2007 7:52:00 PM

Much in the way that Charles Dickens asked Dr. Who, I, too, want to
know if my efforts will be fruitless.

Whenever I try to install the RubyCocoa dmg for 10.4.9, I get an
"install failed" at the end of my attempted installation.

I am about to set out across the sea [of tubes] and begin my odyssey
to get it to work, but I want to know... I must know...

What tricks have people used to get it to install?

Thanks,
Ari
-------------------------------------------|
Nietzsche is my copilot

1 Answer

Laurent Sansonetti

On Oct 29, 2007 8:51 PM, Ari Brown <ari@aribrown.com> wrote:
> Much in the way that Charles Dickens asked Dr. Who, I, too, want to
> know if my efforts will be fruitless.
>
> Whenever I try to install the RubyCocoa dmg for 10.4.9, I get an
> "install failed" at the end of my attempted installation.
>
> I am about to set out across the sea [of tubes] and begin my odyssey
> to get it to work, but I want to know... I must know...
>
> What tricks have people used to get it to install?

We fixed a similar problem a few weeks ago, and we plan to release a
new version of RubyCocoa soon, maybe this week. Hopefully the new
binary installer will work for you.

In the meantime, you can still build it by yourself, following the steps here:

http://rubycocoa.sourceforge.net/Gett...

Stay tuned,
Laurent