[ANN] Binary Search 0.0.2 released

Luis Parravicini

10/29/2007 2:47:00 PM

Hi

A few weeks after Ruby Quiz 139 I found myself needing again to do a
binary search in a big text file. So I converted the solution
submitted to OOP and released it as a rubygem.

With this gem, you create first an index of the file you need to
search and then do the searches. More info at
http://binarysearch.ruby...

Bye,

--
Luis Parravicini
http://ktulu.co...

4 Answers

mortee

Luis Parravicini

On 10/29/07, mortee <mortee.lists@kavemalna.hu> wrote:
> Sorry but I guess the gem's name is somewhat inadequate. This is not a
> binary search library, but a text indexing and searching library which
> happens to employ a binary search algorithm. So you essentially reserve
> this gem name from some possible real binsearch library...

You're right. I never stop for a second thought about the gem's name.
Maybe I choose some cryptic name where there is no chance of
collision.

--
Luis Parravicini
http://ktulu.co...

mortee

ara.t.howard

On Oct 29, 2007, at 2:48 PM, mortee wrote:

>> You're right. I never stop for a second thought about the gem's name.
>> Maybe I choose some cryptic name where there is no chance of
>> collision.
>
> I haven't intended to suggest a cryptic name - just something more
> specific to what your gem actually does.

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rub...

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama