Email address for Huihoo site (http://www.huihoo.com/)?

Randy Kramer

10/28/2007 3:04:00 PM

Does anyone have an email address for the Huihoo site (http://www.h...)
or the owner of the site?

I found their summary of Ruby Syntax, and the first part was helpful to me,
but there are some what I'll call Japanese Englishisms (???) and I was going
to offer some corrections.

That page is: http://docs.huihoo.com/ruby/ruby-man-1.4/s...

Much of the site is in Japanese, some is not, but I couldn't find anything
that looked like an email address while using my mouse to hover over the
links.

Randy Kramer

7 Answers

Nobuyoshi Nakada

In general, webmaster@<domain name> must be.

> Much of the site is in Japanese, some is not, but I couldn't find anything
> that looked like an email address while using my mouse to hover over the
> links.

It is in Chinese.

--
Nobu Nakada

Michael Glaesemann

On Oct 28, 2007, at 10:03 , Randy Kramer wrote:

> I found their summary of Ruby Syntax, and the first part was
> helpful to me,
> but there are some what I'll call Japanese Englishisms (???) and I
> was going
> to offer some corrections.
>
> That page is: http://docs.huihoo.com/ruby/ruby-man-1.4/s...

Judging from the URI and the index of the manual, it's for Ruby 1.4.6

http://docs.huihoo.com/ruby/ruby-man-1.4/...

I'm guessing you'll find much more up-to-date documentation on Ruby at

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/docu...

I'm sure people there would be very happy to have you contribute to
the docs.

> Much of the site is in Japanese, some is not

Actually, it looks like Chinese to me. If it were Japanese I might
have a hope of finding a contact email address for you :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Randy Kramer

On Sunday 28 October 2007 11:18 am, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> At Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:03:38 +0900,
> Randy Kramer wrote in [ruby-talk:276277]:
> > Does anyone have an email address for the Huihoo site
(http://www.h...)
> > or the owner of the site?
>
> In general, webmaster@<domain name> must be.

Of course, I should have thought of that! I'll give that a try.

> > Much of the site is in Japanese, some is not, but I couldn't find anything
> > that looked like an email address while using my mouse to hover over the
> > links.
>
> It is in Chinese.

Oops, sorry, hope I didn't offend anyone! (I can imagine I might have,
though--again, sorry!)

Randy Kramer

Randy Kramer

On Sunday 28 October 2007 12:17 pm, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> Judging from the URI and the index of the manual, it's for Ruby 1.4.6

Good point, but I'll offer the correction anyway.

> http://docs.huihoo.com/ruby/ruby-man-1.4/...
>
> I'm guessing you'll find much more up-to-date documentation on Ruby at
>
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/docu...
>
> I'm sure people there would be very happy to have you contribute to
> the docs.

Probably--Google happened to find that site for me, which answered the
specific question I had at the time.

> Actually, it looks like Chinese to me. If it were Japanese I might
> have a hope of finding a contact email address for you :)

Yes--hope I didn't offend anybody--thanks for taking a look!

Randy Kramer

Arlen Cuss

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 00:03 +0900, Randy Kramer wrote:
> Does anyone have an email address for the Huihoo site (http://www.h...)
> or the owner of the site?

I searched quite a lot of the site, but they don't mention any contact
details. Your closest bet would be the forum (http://forum....
Chinese, http://forum.h... English - ihuihoo@gmail.com), or
posting a comment on their blog (http://blogs....).

Good luck.

Arlen

Randy Kramer

On Monday 29 October 2007 10:21 am, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:
> I searched quite a lot of the site, but they don't mention any contact
> details. Your closest bet would be the forum (http://forum....
> Chinese, http://forum.h... English - ihuihoo@gmail.com), or
> posting a comment on their blog (http://blogs....).

Arlen,

Thanks very much!

I did try the webmaster@huihoo.com address which someone suggested--that
bounced.

Randy Kramer

Bob Gustafson

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 03:29 +0900, Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2007 10:21 am, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss wrote:
> > I searched quite a lot of the site, but they don't mention any contact
> > details. Your closest bet would be the forum (http://forum....
> > Chinese, http://forum.h... English - ihuihoo@gmail.com), or
> > posting a comment on their blog (http://blogs....).
>
> Arlen,
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> I did try the webmaster@huihoo.com address which someone suggested--that
> bounced.
>
> Randy Kramer

If you have some text and/or a web site in Japanese or Chinese (or many
other languages), you could use

http://babelfish.alta...

Babelfish does a pretty good job of translating - gives the essence
anyway.

Bob G