Re: OpenGL GUI / Plotting / Graphing Library

Joel VanderWerf

10/27/2007 7:52:00 PM

redroofgreentree wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know of a good OpenGL plotting/graphing library I can use from
> Ruby's OpenGL module? I'm writing a monitoring application in Ruby, and I
> just want to generate real time 2D plots.

Probably a dumb question: if you want 2D, why not use rrdtool (and its
ruby bindings) instead of opengl? Is it not realtime enough?

Joel VanderWerf

redroofgreentree wrote:
> Because I'm stupid and didn't know of it's existence. Any more tools alone
> these lines you'd like to share with me?

tioga (http://www.kitp.ucsb.edu/~paxton/...) looks nice.

Still, I don't think either rrdtool or tioga are real-time in the sense
of watching the plot drawn as time advances, like in the KDE system
guard or the windows equivalent. (Hope I'm wrong...)