Version of Ruby for Palm OS?

John Joyce

10/26/2007 1:38:00 PM

Does anyone know if a version of Ruby has ever been written to run on the
Palm OS? If so, can you provide any references?

Thanks,

John

---------------

Dr. John Joyce
LIMS Manager
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
600 N. 5th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Mailto: John.Joyce@dgs.virginia.gov
Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
FAX: 804-692-0416

7 Answers

John Joyce

Wow, another John Joyce here.
Don't know of a PalmOS version, but isn't Palm migrating to Linux
anyway?

On Oct 26, 2007, at 8:38 AM, John Joyce wrote:

> Does anyone know if a version of Ruby has ever been written to run
> on the
> Palm OS? If so, can you provide any references?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> ---------------
>
> Dr. John Joyce
> LIMS Manager
> Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
> 600 N. 5th St.
> Richmond, VA 23219
>
> Mailto: John.Joyce@dgs.virginia.gov
> Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
> FAX: 804-692-0416

John Joyce

John,

I believe Palm is using Linux in some of their new devices, primarily phones
I think, but all the devices I have to work with run the Palm OS. Since
discovering that IBM had a version of Java for the Palm, I just thought I'd
check to see if anyone had gotten around to implementing Ruby as well.

Thanks for the feedback,

John

---------------

Dr. John Joyce
LIMS Manager
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
600 N. 5th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Mailto: John.Joyce@dgs.virginia.gov
Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
Don't know of a PalmOS version, but isn't Palm migrating to Linux
anyway?

On Oct 26, 2007, at 8:38 AM, John Joyce wrote:

> Does anyone know if a version of Ruby has ever been written to run
> on the
> Palm OS? If so, can you provide any references?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> ---------------
>
> Dr. John Joyce
> LIMS Manager
> Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
> 600 N. 5th St.
> Richmond, VA 23219
>
> Mailto: John.Joyce@dgs.virginia.gov
> Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
> FAX: 804-692-0416

John Joyce

John Joyce,

This is getting wierd...
If there is a Java for Palm, then you can run JRuby if nothing else.

John Joyce
On Nov 2, 2007, at 7:42 AM, John Joyce wrote:

> John,
>
> I believe Palm is using Linux in some of their new devices,
> primarily phones
> I think, but all the devices I have to work with run the Palm OS.
> Since
> discovering that IBM had a version of Java for the Palm, I just
> thought I'd
> check to see if anyone had gotten around to implementing Ruby as well.
>
> Thanks for the feedback,
>
> John
>

> ---------------
>
> Dr. John Joyce
> LIMS Manager
> Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
> 600 N. 5th St.
> Richmond, VA 23219
>
> Mailto: John.Joyce@dgs.virginia.gov
> Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384

Mohit Sindhwani

John Joyce wrote:
> John Joyce,
>
> This is getting wierd...
> If there is a Java for Palm, then you can run JRuby if nothing else.
>
> John Joyce

Hi John Joyces (it took me a while to figure that out),

The Java for Palm is actually an implementation of J2ME - I'm not sure
if JRuby will run on that!

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/3/2007 | 2:08 AM.

John Joyce

Yes, it seems we are a programmer's puzzle...
That's a good question though, will JRuby run on J2ME?!
I hope so!
On Nov 2, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

> John Joyce wrote:
>> John Joyce,
>>
>> This is getting wierd...
>> If there is a Java for Palm, then you can run JRuby if nothing else.
>>
>> John Joyce
>
> Hi John Joyces (it took me a while to figure that out),
>
> The Java for Palm is actually an implementation of J2ME - I'm not
> sure if JRuby will run on that!
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 11/3/2007 | 2:08 AM.

Giles Bowkett

On 11/2/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it seems we are a programmer's puzzle...
> That's a good question though, will JRuby run on J2ME?!
> I hope so!

JRuby will almost definitely not run on J2ME. It absolutely doesn't
run on the Java for Lego Mindstorms, but that's a whole nother ball of
wax.

I saw a thing on the Web about a Ruby for the iPhone but haven't ever
gotten confirmed reports, and I don't have an iPhone myself.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

Zulu

On 17/06/2011 20:48, RJ11 wrote:
> In article<4dfb062d$1@news.x-privat.org>, Zulu<zulu@boludo.ar> wrote:
>
>> On 10/06/2011 18:54, RJ11 wrote:
>
>>> "I told him that at this time 3 double-muffle ovens are in operation,
>>> with a capacity of 250 per day. Further, currently under construction
>>> are 5 triple muffle ovens with a daily capacity of 800. Today and in
>>> the next few days, 2 eight-muffle ovens, each with a daily capacity of
>>> 800, will come on consignment, redirected from Mogilew.
>>>
>>> Mr K said that this number of muffles is not yet sufficient; we should
>>> deliver more ovens as quickly as possible."
>
>> The SS responsible of the camp required more mufles without mentioning
>> number of corpses.
>
> You are either insane or trolling.

The moronic troll is you.

On that cremation topic, just compare the death toll diagram at that camp and the date of the urgent
requirement for more muffles by the responsible SS Krone, that is September 8 1942.
Observe the high number of deaths at Auschwitz from July to September 1942 due to typhus epidemics. Wasn't
it a critical moment for the authorities to implement urgently sanitary standards at that camp especially by
installing Zentral sauna AND the minimum of muffles demanded by the ratio of 1 muffle per 4000-5000 inmates
hosted like at other camps?
http://www.rense.com/deaths-by-day....
From http://www.rense.com/general6...

In that context, the alleged correspondence has nothing weird, it was a normal response to face the dramatic
situation.
In opposite, which number of jews fell suddenly on hands of the nazis in end 1942 in order to justify such
urgency for more muffles at Auschwitz?