Problem with attribute name

bakanon

10/25/2007 9:15:00 PM

Hi, i'm new at ruby on rails and i have this little problem. I have a
table named "translations". Translations has "id", "message" and
"description" as attributes. When i try to get information from
"translations" i write

aux1 = Translation.find_by_id(1).description

and no problem with that, but when i write this

aux2= Translation.find_by_id(1).message

it return something like #Message:0x4851f70

i've tried with Translation.find_by_id(1)."message" or
Translation.find_by_id(1).'message' but nothing works. Any idea how
should i rescue the value??. I can't rename the attribute on data
base :(

14 Answers

Daniel Waite

unknown wrote:
> Hi, i'm new at ruby on rails and i have this little problem. I have a
> table named "translations". Translations has "id", "message" and
> "description" as attributes. When i try to get information from
> "translations" i write
>
> aux1 = Translation.find_by_id(1).description
>
> and no problem with that, but when i write this
>
> aux2= Translation.find_by_id(1).message
>
> it return something like #Message:0x4851f70
>
> i've tried with Translation.find_by_id(1)."message" or
> Translation.find_by_id(1).'message' but nothing works. Any idea how
> should i rescue the value??. I can't rename the attribute on data
> base :(

Did you design the model? When you see something like Message:0x4851f70,
that's usually an instance of a class. Are you using aggregate objects
for that model?

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Aggregations/ClassMe...

bakanon

On Oct 25, 6:20 pm, Daniel Waite <rabbitb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> unknown wrote:
> > Hi, i'm new at ruby on rails and i have this little problem. I have a
> > table named "translations". Translations has "id", "message" and
> > "description" as attributes. When i try to get information from
> > "translations" i write
>
> > aux1 = Translation.find_by_id(1).description
>
> > and no problem with that, but when i write this
>
> > aux2= Translation.find_by_id(1).message
>
> > it return something like #Message:0x4851f70
>
> > i've tried with Translation.find_by_id(1)."message" or
> > Translation.find_by_id(1).'message' but nothing works. Any idea how
> > should i rescue the value??. I can't rename the attribute on data
> > base :(
>
> Did you design the model? When you see something like Message:0x4851f70,
> that's usually an instance of a class. Are you using aggregate objects
> for that model?
>
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Aggregation......

Hi, i'm working with an existing model. There's another table named
"messages" and it's related with translations. Translations
belongs_to :message and message has_many :translations. Translation
has a "message_id" attribute. Maybe there's a name confusion there,
between the table and the atribute, but with "description" i have no
problem.

bakanon

On Oct 25, 6:38 pm, baka...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Oct 25, 6:20 pm, Daniel Waite <rabbitb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > unknown wrote:
> > > Hi, i'm new at ruby on rails and i have this little problem. I have a
> > > table named "translations". Translations has "id", "message" and
> > > "description" as attributes. When i try to get information from
> > > "translations" i write
>
> > > aux1 = Translation.find_by_id(1).description
>
> > > and no problem with that, but when i write this
>
> > > aux2= Translation.find_by_id(1).message
>
> > > it return something like #Message:0x4851f70
>
> > > i've tried with Translation.find_by_id(1)."message" or
> > > Translation.find_by_id(1).'message' but nothing works. Any idea how
> > > should i rescue the value??. I can't rename the attribute on data
> > > base :(
>
> > Did you design the model? When you see something like Message:0x4851f70,
> > that's usually an instance of a class. Are you using aggregate objects
> > for that model?
>
> >http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Aggregation......
> > --

> Hi, i'm working with an existing model. There's another table named
> "messages" and it's related with translations. Translations
> belongs_to :message and message has_many :translations. Translation
> has a "message_id" attribute. Maybe there's a name confusion there,
> between the table and the atribute, but with "description" i have no
> problem.- Hide quoted text -

definitely the problem is with the name, because if i put something
like

aux2= Translation.find_by_id(1).message.name

where "name" is attribute of "messages", there's no problem. There's a
confusion between the name of the table and the name of the attributes
from Translation table.

Brad Guth

On Feb 22, 12:03 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > investigation into a report that troops "improperly disposed of a
> > large number of Islamic religious materials which included Korans".
>
> >http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/bagram/story-e6f......
>
> > On Feb 18, 9:41 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Holy crap the drone war!!! US flying drones over Syria!!! 40 Turkish
> > > intelligence officials CAPTURED in Syria!!!
> > > Shit beginning!
>
> > >http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/report-u-s-drones-f.......
>
> > > Report: U.S. drones flying over Syria to monitor crackdown
>
> > > Pentagon officials say drones used to gather evidence to make case for
> > > international response; 40 Turkish intelligence officials captured in
> > > Syria, Assad regime claims Israel's Mossad trained them. Seven of them
> > > are high ranking officers of intelligence service of Turkey.
>
> > > Seven of Turkish intelligence officers who arrested in Syria have
> > > confessed that have trained special assassination, bombing and
> > > explosions operations by Mossad in Israel.
>
> > > One of them has top secret information about Mossad activities in
> > > Turkey and Syria and other Arab countries. He has confessed that a
> > > powerful team trained by Mossad have entered Syria and control and
> > > command Free Army of Syria. He also has added another special
> > > assassination operation team of Mossad have entered to Jordan (by
> > > cooperation of Jordan Intelligence service) and train Libyan Al Qaeda
> > > forces.
>
> > >http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=1390...
>
> > > Turkey is in NATO that makes them part of the US Reich,so anything
> > > they do in that region will have a green light from the US.
>
> > > So what do we have here? Turkish troops sitting on the borders of
> > > Syria and Iraq, and Turkish warships sitting inbetween Cypriot and
> > > Israeli gas fields. As for what is said about Turkey needing the go
> > > ahead from the U.S., that's right, except in the case of Cyprus. That
> > > why Russia sent it's ships as protection to the Eastern Mediterranean.
>
> > > The Turks are furious because with all their propaganda about Syria,
> > > they haven't been able to get the go ahead to occupy the North. The
> > > same with Iraq. This is what the 'diplomatic' pussyfooting around
> > > Turkey and its ambitions
>
> > >         Israel/Turkey = DOOM? Yes but not yet.... but soon.... very soon.
>
> > > Doom we can believe in!
>
> > > DATA you all should Know - turkey and israel - same garbage
>
> > > When the Spanish kicked out the Saphardic Jews out of Spain,Italy,
> > > most of them settled in the Ottoman (turkish) Empire..Today there are
> > > many Jews in Turkey in high secular positions .. Some suspect that
> > > even Attaturk was a Jew in sheep's cloths... Which also means that
> > > most of the jews in Israel today are traitors against their own people
> > > since they serve their Master who will destroy the state of Israel...
> > > The King of the Mongols, who will soon claim he is the Caliph...
>
> > > BTW The State of Israel ain't the Kingdom of David...

The burning of bibles and other faith-based context that isn't Muslim
approved was a good move that should have been done right off the
bat. I sure that Afghanistan has all the bibles it needs, and would
have asked for more if that were the case.

This just further proves that mainstream religions are the ones really
in charge regardless of whomever we elect or appoint.

http://groups.google.com/gro...
http://translate.go...

Warhol

On Feb 22, 9:18 pm, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > country.
>
> > > The US commander in Afghanistan, John Allen, apologised and ordered an
> > > investigation into a report that troops "improperly disposed of a
> > > large number of Islamic religious materials which included Korans".
>
> > >http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/bagram/story-e6f.......

> The burning of bibles and other faith-based context that isn't Muslim
> approved was a good move that should have been done right off the
> bat.  I sure that Afghanistan has all the bibles it needs, and would
> have asked for more if that were the case.
>
> This just further proves that mainstream religions are the ones really
> in charge regardless of whomever we elect or appoint.
>
>  http://groups.google.com/gro...
>  http://translate.go...
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Zionist always want more wars and conflicts because war makes them
rich.

War is always profitable for the elite class.
The working class pays for war in blood and taxes.

PaxPerPoten

On 2/22/2012 2:03 PM, Warhol wrote:
> Lockdown in Kabul, Afghanistan -- US Embassy and Military Base
>
> THE US embassy in Kabul said today it was on lockdown as riots rocked
> the city during the second day of angry protests against NATO troops
> for burning copies of the Koran.

I should think that the printers of the Koran would be delighted that
their book was being burned. After all it does create a market to sell
replacements. The Koran is just another book of religious Mumbo Jumbo
written by man to control other men with hysterical superstitious
mysticism. One cannot even begin to count the dead from all these crazy
insane religious wars since the dawn of time. Personally, I would lock
up all the religious freaks in their countries of origin and let them
destroy each other. As for the Muslims.. Send them all to their
respective Muslim countries and stop all communications and trade with
them until such time as they either cease to exist or become sane enough
to associate with. Same for the Jews and the Christians and any others
that demand these ignorant and foolish religious wars.

> [...]
>>> they haven't been able to get the go ahead to occupy the North. The
>>> same with Iraq. This is what the 'diplomatic' pussyfooting around
>>> Turkey and its ambitions
>>
>>> Israel/Turkey = DOOM? Yes but not yet.... but soon... very soon.
>>
>>> Doom we can believe in!
>>
>>> DATA you all should Know - turkey and israel - same garbage
>>
>>> When the Spanish kicked out the Saphardic Jews out of Spain,Italy,
>>> most of them settled in the Ottoman (turkish) Empire..Today there are
>>> many Jews in Turkey in high secular positions .. Some suspect that
>>> even Attaturk was a Jew in sheep's cloths... Which also means that
>>> most of the jews in Israel today are traitors against their own people
>>> since they serve their Master who will destroy the state of Israel...
>>> The King of the Mongols, who will soon claim he is the Caliph...
>>
>>> BTW The State of Israel ain't the Kingdom of David...

David E. Powell

On Feb 22, 3:03 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Lockdown in Kabul, Afghanistan -- US Embassy and Military Base
>
> THE US embassy in Kabul said today it was on lockdown as riots rocked
> the city during the second day of angry protests against NATO troops
> for burning copies of the Koran.

SNIP

Might have been a "document burn" type of deal done when they move
materials out they don't want to take somewhere else. Doing it on
location and having it get out was really not the best move knowing
the locals. Hm.

> Hoards of beasts at the door.
>
> The US Military Troops can hear the screaming right outside the gates
> of their base. What a nightmare! Wish we could pack them up, and get
> every soldier back on our own turf, too!
>
> US has supporting this extremist Ottoman muzzies for long time.
>
> Examples:
>
> Yugoslavia - US/NATO supports muezzins (Kosovo, Bosnia) against
> Christians(Serbia)

After Srebrenicia where thousands were being killed in a UN "Safe
Area" on live global TV. Whatever religions anyone was, it was going
to mean involvement a that point. Genocide in Europe these days is
frowned upon.

> IRAQ - LIBYA - Syria -  Chechnya (Russia) - Ottoman Muslim extremists
> supported by west.

When? The US has had no problem with Russia going after them. Maybe
some objections to certain methods, especially early on, such as
antiaircraft guns being used in urban areas, but the idea of going
after the opposition in itself wasn't really objected to.

In Moscow at the Theater and Beslan basically the whole world was
saying "Go Russia, get those terrorists."

Muslims and Christians and other religions has
> lived for centuries in Russia without many problems.

I guess someone forgot to tell Josef Stalin about that one.

> Wickedness begets wickedness
>
> God has a judgment day...
>
> ... the military does a lot of book burning ...
> .
> ... remember this? ...
> .
> Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan

Yes another really stupid idea.... consider saving them, maybe, to
donate or give to Chaplain corps. Not a good idea at all agree.

On Feb 22, 12:56 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 9:18 pm, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 22, 12:03 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Lockdown in Kabul, Afghanistan -- US Embassy and Military Base
>
> > > THE US embassy in Kabul said today it was on lockdown as riots rocked
> > > the city during the second day of angry protests against NATO troops
> > > for burning copies of the Koran.
>
> > > "The Embassy is on lockdown; all travel suspended. Please, everyone,
> > > be safe out there," the embassy said on Twitter.
>
> > > Earlier in the day, the embassy had urged staff and American citizens
> > > to stay away from Camp Phoenix in Kabul, where 500 protesters had
> > > gathered, with some throwing stones at the US military base, AFP
> > > reported.
>
> > > Troops guarding the base fired in the air, while black smoke from
> > > burning tires rose above the demonstration in the Hod Khail
> > > neighbourhood.
>
> > > "A protest near Camp Phoenix has turned violent (burning tires,
> > > throwing rocks). Avoid the area - and be safe out there, everyone,"
> > > the US embassy in Kabul said on Twitter.
>
> > > url censured by Google...http://tinyurl.c...
>
> > > I am sure very scary for them.
>
> > > Hoards of beasts at the door.
>
> > > The US Military Troops can hear the screaming right outside the gates
> > > of their base. What a nightmare! Wish we could pack them up, and get
> > > every soldier back on our own turf, too!
>
> > > US has supporting this extremist Ottoman muzzies for long time.
>
> > > Examples:
>
> > > Yugoslavia - US/NATO supports muezzins (Kosovo, Bosnia) against
> > > Christians(Serbia)
>
> > > IRAQ - LIBYA - Syria -  Chechnya (Russia) - Ottoman Muslim extremists
> > > supported by west. Muslims and Christians and other religions has
> > > lived for centuries in Russia without many problems.
>
> > > Wickedness begets wickedness
>
> > > God has a judgment day...
>
> > > ... the military does a lot of book burning ...
> > > .
> > > ... remember this? ...
> > > .
> > > Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan
>
> > >http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.......
>
> > > Book burning...history really does repeat itself.

> > The burning of bibles and other faith-based context that isn't Muslim
> > approved was a good move that should have been done right off the
> > bat.  I sure that Afghanistan has all the bibles it needs, and would
> > have asked for more if that were the case.
>
> > This just further proves that mainstream religions are the ones really
> > in charge regardless of whomever we elect or appoint.
>
> >  http://groups.google.com/gro...
> >  http://translate.go...
> >  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”
>
> Zionist always want more wars and conflicts because war makes them
> rich.
>
> War is always profitable for the elite class.
> The working class pays for war in blood and taxes.

In other words, nothing has changed since long before Jesus Christ
came along.

So, how many do-overs will the Moors require before we get rid of
these Zionist/Semite oligarchs that use their religion as one of their
shields?

http://groups.google.com/gro...
http://translate.go...

Warhol

THE LAW CONDEMNS ALL MEN.

I say what can people do with books they can't read or have no
understanding of that which is written... Those books only lead to
death in the hands of those that claim to speak in the name of the
father and the Son. And aslong the Shiloh ain't here none will have
understanding of that which that is hidden from the eyes in the
word... Repentance, Ransom & Salvation

People have lost the true understanding of the books they call their
holly books with no understanding at all of the mater. For my part all
Torah's, bible's, Quran's may be burned... It ain't that that will
destroy the holy word or it's fulfillment...

In the Books is written You shall not Kill... but see all the wars
that are led in the Name of God... You shall Not Lie... people prefer
lies than truth... how much prophets were killed because of their true
word... Jesus said love your brother and forgive the sin... but we
don't even respect our parents.

Not one is found on this world who kept the laws... all come short,
even I.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own
way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6

Only One Choice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x...

On Feb 22, 10:48 pm, "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com>
wrote:
> On Feb 22, 3:03 pm, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Lockdown in Kabul, Afghanistan -- US Embassy and Military Base
>
> > THE US embassy in Kabul said today it was on lockdown as riots rocked
> > the city during the second day of angry protests against NATO troops
> > for burning copies of the Koran.
>
> SNIP
>
> Might have been a "document burn" type of deal done when they move
> materials out they don't want to take somewhere else. Doing it on
> location and having it get out was really not the best move knowing
> the locals. Hm.
>
> > Hoards of beasts at the door.
>
> > The US Military Troops can hear the screaming right outside the gates
> > of their base. What a nightmare! Wish we could pack them up, and get
> > every soldier back on our own turf, too!
>
> > US has supporting this extremist Ottoman muzzies for long time.
>
> > Examples:
>
> > Yugoslavia - US/NATO supports muezzins (Kosovo, Bosnia) against
> > Christians(Serbia)
>
> After Srebrenicia where thousands were being killed in a UN "Safe
> Area" on live global TV. Whatever religions anyone was, it was going
> to mean involvement a that point. Genocide in Europe these days is
> frowned upon.
>
> > IRAQ - LIBYA - Syria -  Chechnya (Russia) - Ottoman Muslim extremists
> > supported by west.
>
> When? The US has had no problem with Russia going after them. Maybe
> some objections to certain methods, especially early on, such as
> antiaircraft guns being used in urban areas, but the idea of going
> after the opposition in itself wasn't really objected to.
>
> In Moscow at the Theater and Beslan basically the whole world was
> saying "Go Russia, get those terrorists."
>
>  Muslims and Christians and other religions has
>
> > lived for centuries in Russia without many problems.
>
> I guess someone forgot to tell Josef Stalin about that one.
>
> > Wickedness begets wickedness
>
> > God has a judgment day...
>
> > ... the military does a lot of book burning ...
> > .
> > ... remember this? ...
> > .
> > Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan
>
> Yes another really stupid idea.... consider saving them, maybe, to
> donate or give to Chaplain corps. Not a good idea at all  agree.
>

> >http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military......
>
> > Book burning...history really does repeat itself.

Why do you people still refuse to see the truth??? All this wars have
served only to the restoration of the Turic "King of the Mongols"...
The Wounded Head of the beast is healed... Biblical end times... The
dragon gives him his power, his seat and great authority to make war.

Think about this people!!!