How to control another TK application

Liang He

10/25/2007 6:48:00 AM

I want to validate strings displayed in a TK application, how can I
write rb program to communicate to it and extract the messages from GUI?
Any module is good for that?

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Liang He

Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:
> From: Liang He <goal1860@hotmail.com>
> Subject: How to control another TK application
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:48:09 +0900
>> I want to validate strings displayed in a TK application, how can I
>> write rb program to communicate to it and extract the messages from GUI?
>> Any module is good for that?
>
> Do you mean about validation on TkEntry widgets?
> If so, please read 'tk/sample/demos-en/entry3.rb'.

Hi,
We have a separate tk based application running(can be initialed by Ruby
script), my task is to write a Ruby program to take the control of it
and validate the display, function, and browse from gui to gui. It is
much like how Watir do to web browser. Do you have any idea how can I
implement it?

Thanks!

Hidetoshi NAGAI