Re: [QUIZ] Time Window (#144

James Koppel

10/24/2007 9:15:00 PM

Thanks; I wasn't aware of that method's existence.Actually, I wasn't aware that Enumerable existed in the cor; its entry in the standard library section on Rubydoc contains no reference to this method. Has it been added there since I first looked, in (if I remember correctly) version 1.8.4?----- Original Message ----From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán <jgabrielygalan@gmail.com>To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:16:46 AMSubject: Re: [QUIZ] Time Window (#144)On 10/24/07, James Koppel <jamesbkoppel@yahoo.com> wrote:> I then wrote the simple Array#some method that returns true if the given> predicate returns true for at least one of its elements, which I used to write> TimeWindow#incude?.> class Array> def some> each {|el| return true if yield el}> false> end> endIsn't this the same as Enumerable#any?Jesus.__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail...

1 Answer

Philip Gatt

This raises one of my few frustrations with ruby. I find ruby far
easier to work with than Java in general, but the main advantage java
has is great auto-generated documentation. Both Javadoc and
autocompletion in IDEs feel superior to what ruby has to offer.