Token replacement & rake

Rob Lucas

I need to create some method of automating builds of my rails web app.
It needs to be built repetitively with minor differences specified in a
config file. I was planning to use rake for this, but I guess it will
need some kind of token replacement.

Does anyone know of any way of doing this kind of thing with rake?

Thanks,

Rob.

Tim Pease

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Rob Lucas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to create some method of automating builds of my rails web app.
> It needs to be built repetitively with minor differences specified
> in a
> config file. I was planning to use rake for this, but I guess it will
> need some kind of token replacement.
>
> Does anyone know of any way of doing this kind of thing with rake?

Use a combination of rake and ERB. Write a rake task that uses ERB
to modify your config files as needed.

Blessings,
TwP

Ryan Davis

On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:34 , Rob Lucas wrote:

> I need to create some method of automating builds of my rails web app.
> It needs to be built repetitively with minor differences specified
> in a
> config file. I was planning to use rake for this, but I guess it will
> need some kind of token replacement.

I'm assuming you mean that your rake rules should change based on the
config file? Is it the dependencies or rule names or rule actions
that should change? Either way, it should be easy:

config = eval File.read("config/build.conf.rb")

task "compile-#{config["stage"]}" => "do-#{config["stage"]}" do
case config["flag"]
when # ...
# ...

Carolina Reb

"Michael Ejercito" <mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That is the pathology of the anti-Jew.
>Their hatred of Jews is
>caused by their hatred of God Almighty.

Michael, screw you, the Jews, and God Almighty. Stupid-ass God
says he took seven days to create everything? That's too long. God
Almighty can kiss my Caucasian ass. Go back to junior high.

billzz

Eastern thought is based on circular reasoning. Spring, summer, fall, winter, then back to spring. A,B,C,D, then back to A. Western thought is based upon the ancient Hebrew discovery of linear thought. Think of the myth of Moses. It goes from point A, to B, then C, then D, but does not return but goes on, and up, to E.

With linear thought one gets calendars. One gets ordered sequences. The ancients had their leaders assigned by importance, not in sequential order.

A noted British historian wrote that we think Jewish thoughts, we dream Jewish dreams, because the western mind is free from cyclical thought. Which is why those of the eastern world do the same thing over and over.

This might explain why there are so many Nobel prizes in mathematics and physics awarded to those of western thought, and none to those of eastern thought.

Just a thought. Ones trapped in cyclical thought will not understand this.

Johannes von Ebersdorf

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:44:54 -0800 (PST), Michael Ejercito
<mejercit@hotmail.com> wrote:

> That is the pathology of the anti-Jew. Their hatred of Jews is
>caused by their hatred of God Almighty.

ROTFLMAO

Michael Ejercito

On Feb 22, 7:04 pm, "Carolina Reb" <walt.hamp...@att.net> wrote:
> "Michael Ejercito" <mejer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>   >   That is the pathology of the anti-Jew.
>
> >Their hatred of Jews is
> >caused by their hatred of God Almighty.
>
> Michael, screw you, the Jews, and God Almighty.  Stupid-ass God
> says he took seven days to create everything?  That's too long.  God
> Almighty can kiss my Caucasian ass.  Go back to junior high.
You will meet Him someday.

Michael

Carolina Reb

On Feb 23, 8:59 am, Michael Ejercito <mejer...@hotmail.com> wrote: