user@domain.invalid

10/19/2007 9:12:00 PM

Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported Ruby
binding to a good 3D engine ?

What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2 years)
and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D

It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing serious
when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...

Anything I would have missed ?

Thanks !
4 Answers

Aria Stewart

On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Zouplaz wrote:

> Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported
> Ruby binding to a good 3D engine ?
>
> What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2
> years) and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D
>
> It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing
> serious when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...
>

> Anything I would have missed ?

Ruby's threading model makes some of the techniques used problematic.

Phlip

Zouplaz wrote:

> What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2 years)
> and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D

Is that this?

http://www.shattere...

--
Phlip
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...

Bill Kelly

From: "Zouplaz" <user@domain.invalid>

> Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported Ruby
> binding to a good 3D engine ?
>
> What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2 years)
> and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D
>
> It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing serious
> when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...

An updated Ogre3D binding was announced just last month:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

Hope this helps,

Bill

trotsky

On 7/26/13 6:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> I was wrong for expecting you
>
>> No, you were wrong period. I already went over this four times. Ask
>> someone to help you if you're having trouble.
>
> How does repeating your tangential news analysis make anything you wrote
> applicable to Zimmerman?

It doesn't. I asked a general question, which is still visible in this
post. You're still having trouble. I asked you to get help if you're
still having trouble. Now you're having trouble understanding that
you're still having trouble. I'm pretty sure that English is you're
first language, and that you're general malaise is caused by being
fucked in the head. Get help.

--
Never post something on the internet unless you have a point of
reference. You will look like a moron otherwise.