Ruby without installation

uap12

10/18/2007 5:57:00 AM

Hi!
I today make som scripts in Perl, it have the advantage it is
installed everyware
and i not allowed to install stuff, eg Ruby but i have full acces to
my userarea.

I time ago i so LispInABox witch was LISP and EMACS and everyting
arounf
needed, just unzip the catalog and use it...

I like to find equal stuff for Ruby, does anyone know if this exits

Best regards
Anders

2 Answers

Alex Gutteridge

On 18 Oct 2007, at 15:00, anders wrote:

> Hi!
> I today make som scripts in Perl, it have the advantage it is
> installed everyware
> and i not allowed to install stuff, eg Ruby but i have full acces to
> my userarea.

If you have full access to your userarea can't you just install Ruby
there? What OS are you using?

Alex Gutteridge

Bioinformatics Center
Kyoto University

Damjan Rems

anders wrote:
> Hi!
> I today make som scripts in Perl, it have the advantage it is
> installed everyware
> and i not allowed to install stuff, eg Ruby but i have full acces to
> my userarea.
>
> I time ago i so LispInABox witch was LISP and EMACS and everyting
> arounf
> needed, just unzip the catalog and use it...
>
> I like to find equal stuff for Ruby, does anyone know if this exits
>
> Best regards
> Anders

In windows, all I do is keep single instalation on one server (shared).
All it's to be done on onther servers is to update "path" environment
and everything (including gems) s available.

I guess this can also be done on linux.

by
TheR