Re: RubyTraits 0.1

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: RubyTraits 0.1"
on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:49:05 +0900, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> writes:

|> If someone come to the idea to allow modules to have merits from both
|> mixins and traits at once (without demerit), I'd love to hear.
|
|I solved this "problem" over two years ago with fine grained mixins.
|Please see http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/309/R...
|and look at the synopsis. Ideas (and code) in that library also came
|from Ara Howard and Mauricio Fernandez.

Pardon my ignorance. I will check the code.

matz.

3 Answers

Daniel Berger

On Oct 15, 10:55 am, Yukihiro Matsumoto <m...@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: RubyTraits 0.1"
> on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:49:05 +0900, Daniel Berger <djber...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> |> If someone come to the idea to allow modules to have merits from both
> |> mixins and traits at once (without demerit), I'd love to hear.
> |
> |I solved this "problem" over two years ago with fine grained mixins.
> |Please seehttp://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/309/R...
> |and look at the synopsis. Ideas (and code) in that library also came
> |from Ara Howard and Mauricio Fernandez.
>
> Pardon my ignorance. I will check the code.

No pardon required. :)

BTW, I uploaded some more examples here:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/2472/exa...

Regards,

Dan

Phrogz

On Oct 15, 11:23 am, Daniel Berger <djber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I uploaded some more examples here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/2472/exa...

I think you have a minor typo:

class Bar
use Mod_B, :include => [:meth_b, :meth_c] # include only 'meth_a'
and 'meth_b'
use Mod_B, :exclude => :meth_c # same net result as
above
end

Shouldn't that be :exclude => :meth_a instead, to get the same net
result?

Daniel Berger

On Oct 15, 2:15 pm, Phrogz <phr...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 11:23 am, Daniel Berger <djber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW, I uploaded some more examples here:
>
> >http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/2472/exa...
>
> I think you have a minor typo:
>
> class Bar
> use Mod_B, :include => [:meth_b, :meth_c] # include only 'meth_a'
> and 'meth_b'
> use Mod_B, :exclude => :meth_c # same net result as
> above
> end
>
> Shouldn't that be :exclude => :meth_a instead, to get the same net
> result?

It should be ":include => [:meth_a, :meth_b]"

Fixed at http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/2472/exa....

Thanks,

Dan